bass ackwards party - cape cod - july 30

Notices

bass ackwards party - cape cod - july 30

Old 07-12-2011, 06:29 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 74 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab63
Ya I guess I assumed it would be the same as usual. Also assumed cop presence would go up, although I haven't really seen any major issues in the past.
I'm goin to call in the a.m. and see what the real deal is.

I've got a decent stereo with a couple 10's

Hope u got ur MAP squared away

Mike D
Thanks,put the MAP in but didn't have a chance to take it for a ride.Maybe Thursday pm i'll take it for a blast. Search Bassackwards or Bassetts party and you will find a few local newspaper articles on the party problems.The town want's to make Kingman responsible for the safety of the event. Basically wants Kingman to pay for all the police,c.g.,and harbormaster details. They were also looking for someone to sponsor the event,but then you would be on the hook for safety and any clean-up or damage to the island. It is a shame,been going for years and have never seen or heard of any problems.I think the huge turnout last year has the town concerned.Regardless we will be there along with at least another 10 boats. Last year I think we had about 15 in our raft up line.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup as u said no band which is a downer and kyc' s statement that whatever gathering takes place isn't affiliated with them. O well c u there. Hopefully this doesn't turn into a $ maker for local police trying to discourage the gathering.
MD