Notices

Middletown Canoe Club

Old 07-18-2011, 02:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Middletown Canoe Club

Alright,

I've officially snapped and had it with this place.

I'm going to make this short and sweet....

I went up river to the pig roast sat afternoon. I decided to go to MCC to have a cocktail after...I ended up grabbing some dinner (which was good) and just sat quietly myself. I was alone. Talked to the bartender a bit, when the sun went down I ran back up river to the Hartford Yacht club. After a nice chat around the bonfire there a friend of mine and myself decided to run back and go see how it was.

Ran back down about 2hrs later, maybe 10pm.
Pulled up, was very nice, had some help, took care of the dock hands, went up and had a few drinks.

There were probably 30 people in there, honestly dead as a door nail. After a bit around 11, I talked to the bartenders, they told me they were going to close up, so my friend and I closed the tab out, and took a cab up to Mezzo. After a few hrs there we came back to the boat around 1:30.

Rob was there sleeping on his cat as well as Francis up front in his FastTech. We sat down on the boat, cracked open a beer and threw on some lights to wind the evening down...

Two guys came down starring at the boats and I hear "hey, there's nobody down there, we can get in" so I did my normal thing and basically scared them off. You never know who's lurking and if there are a few people there, I didn't want anyone snooping around while we're all trying to sleep...

10 minutes later a cop walks down the dock, claiming MCC called in a "BOATING UNDER THE INFLUENCE" report...after about 5 minutes talking to the cop, who was a real stand up guy, and I'm not one to really like police, this guy was great. We were chatting for about 45 minutes, he even brought his partner down to check out the boats!

MCC called in apparently trying to force me out because I went to another bar, and kept my boat there safely not trying to leave after I gave them money..then they call the police on me. I'm sorry but that is a seriously low life thing to do for any owner...

I was not wild and crazy, I was low key...they singled me out...who knows why, but I am not putting up with these antics from some two faced bar owner...I think they really need a wake up call. After what happened with Rob's fiasco few weeks ago, now they call on me, when I honestly did nothing wrong and the marine patrol, complimented me on being such a gentleman...

To the effect they actually came by the next day after I woke up, to see the boats again up close and see me take off! Told me I'm welcome anytime and it was great to meet me. Apparently the big bad power boaters aren't welcome...and this is a FACT...I honestly don't wish anyone bad luck, but I hope their bar fails, because calling the police on your customers is RIDICULOUS especially when nothing wrong was done. The bartenders, wait staff who were talking with me for a good 2 hrs...will attest to that....I won't be surprised if it goes belly up in a few months. I honestly hope it does...

Another nice spot on the river destroyed by people who cannot run a business.

I've confirmed this with 4 separate people on the story about a huge problem with my "OUTERLIMITS" and got numerous calls today asking if everything was ok and what happened. So i'm not sure of the "story" here but that is what happened. I'm honestly shocked at how scummy these people are....

Friend of mine was about to do the same thing and even he was told by the dock hand (can't place his name) don't leave your boat here you will have the cops called on you if you go any place but MCC...that I can understand but if your bar is closing and I've spent a pretty penny, and I'm leaving my boat there...big deal, if I had been in a car and left it there being responsible and not driving that's ok, but since I'm in a boat, it's a problem..

MCC, honestly...I hope you rot and burn to the ground...I thought I was welcome, apparently I'm not...and I'm not the only person this has happened to...so be warned...run don't walk from this place....because apparently it doesn't matter how you act, polite, impolite...they can screw off...
Old 07-18-2011, 03:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by madhatter42
MCC called in apparently trying to force me out because I went to another bar, and kept my boat there safely not trying to leave after I gave them money..then they call the police on me. I'm sorry but that is a seriously low life thing to do for any owner...
Wow, that is a bullchit move if I ever heard one!! If they really wanted you out of there (which they shouldn't anyway) leave a note or something. My dad has docks at his restaurant and you would never hear of him or one of his employees doing something like that....but I guess that's part of the reason he's had a succesful restaurant for the past 30+ years, and this clown will be out of business by next summer.

Some people just don't get it...

Last edited by Big Time; 07-18-2011 at 03:20 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

The owner is a *ussy so are the people that manage it...the fact they did this twice, without speaking to their consumers and just calling the police, deliberately trying to get them arrested, that's a move that will get you no place good...that's screwing up someone's life for nothing...

Trust me..dick move didn't even convey the anger I have to this place...
Old 07-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Registered

pat i seen you go by yesterday with the police boat behind you in middletown and they were talking about how nice your boat looked and sounded, canoe club is a waste hope they flood out next year and float down the river, bendahoe,
Old 07-18-2011, 05:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

The Officer I met, Paul and his partner Paul, both Marine patrol, two of the nicest people I've met in a long time. Truly a great thing to see law enforcement that are not always cops, but remind you they are good people as well. Had a GREAT conversation with them the night before and on the way out!

Thanks Rage!
Old 07-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Registered

I will be interested to talk with Rob and kelley to see how thier night turned out over there. While I wasnt there this night or the last incident I have been there for a few stops and waited 1.5 hrs for a Freakin turkey club.LOL The service has been anything but good.

The polace has been dead everytime Ive been there too.

What would it have taken if it was packed 4 hrs.LOL

we wanted to have a CPBA GTG there this spring but they couldnt get the docks in the water.

I really hope things change down there soon.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

If they treat pat like that f them won't see a dime of the / pennies I have left
-Mike
Old 07-18-2011, 11:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
If they treat pat like that f them won't see a dime of the / pennies I have left
-Mike
Thanks Mike, condolences on High-Life, from what I hear an absolutely good guy. Thoughts are with the family and friends, I really feel we should do a run dedicated for them, with proceeds to the family. Either or, never been treated so poorly in any place...well I have but not even close to this....

Appreciate the support!
Old 07-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Registered

So disapointing. Harbor Park was a great please to go after a nice day on the water. MCC won't get any of my business if that is how they are going to treat the powerboating community.

Hopefully when they fail...and they will...someone will turn that place into what it has the potential to become.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AbsolutOFFSHORE
So disapointing. Harbor Park was a great please to go after a nice day on the water. MCC won't get any of my business if that is how they are going to treat the powerboating community.

Hopefully when they fail...and they will...someone will turn that place into what it has the potential to become.
By then it will be in such disrepair it will cost a fortune to get back up to where it was before.

It really is a shame how its going

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.