Notices

CPBA October SWAP MEET

Old 08-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
I aready talked to chris 2 months ago!

He was suposed to call me when he got back from 1000 islands so keep your panties on!

You are more than welcome to help out though the winter storage will be negotiated as a group buy nor a bunch of guys fending for themselves and ALL CPBA members will habe the oppertunity to be included

I also was at OP on sat, where am I on this, If you came to meetings you would have known this months before it was posted here, steve justin christain etc we all discussed it long ago!
Well you can see where the confusion comes in, it is August 10 and there has been no "club" events. You complain no one will help so I offered. You seem to have this all set so I will just sit back and see how it goes.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 302Sport
i feel like if bass boats, cruisers, etc., are included a lot of hi-perf guys wont go cause it will be watered down with other crap.
If we promote it as performance and general boating swap meet maybe that would make the difference, this is why I posted here first so we can work the bugs out of it.

Ive been going to at least 4 automotive swap meets per year for many years, We have a group of guys who race together and we go to all of them, even when we dont need anything just to hang ouyt drink some beers and see what everyone is building planning for the new season etc.

Its always a good time and I am hoping the boating swap meet will be the same way, if anyone has ever been to compounce or to stafford you know that its a jumble of things, not even all car related. It basically works on the old principal that one mans junk is another mans treasure!

So people are willing to let things go for a deal that they arent interested in anymore.

its trickle down economics from the regan era.LOL

I just wish I had more stuff to bring.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 30ctsutphen
thanks inner does this mean your back on board no leave of absence?
yes i had a stay at hartford hospital for a little bit, on the mend
Old 08-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Registered

Glad to hear your back bro!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What are the week-ends in October, or week-end ?
I'll be up most of that month and it would be great
to meet some of the CT OSO crew.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Registered

i feel like if bass boats, cruisers, etc., are included a lot of hi-perf guys wont go cause it will be watered down with other crap.
Just thinking out loud here, but I think unfortunately if it was just hi perf only the event would be tiny. If you include all boating niches it would draw a lot more attention.

Also a lot of parts cross over like props, o.b. parts, drives, trailers, etc...

It will certainly water it down for the hardcore hi perf guys. But what's better a good showing across the board or one dude selling a blown 502 out of the back of his van?

General boating & hi performance swap meet would help it grow and make it an annual even.... vs a poor hi perf only swap meet not being worth the drive and failing before it even has a chance.

Again my 2¢ and I'd be willing to help if wanted / needed

MD
Old 08-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by scarab63
But what's better a good showing across the board or one dude selling a blown 502 out of the back of his van?
I would take the blown 502 out of the van
Old 08-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Registered

I would take the blown 502 out of the van
Ha.... plus what's better than drinking a couple beers and goofing on the old weirdo selling a alpha drive off a 4 cyl bayliner as a " racing drive " for only $1900!!! Just the entertainment value there is worth it! !!

MD
Old 08-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Crash-Box
What are the week-ends in October, or week-end ?
I'll be up most of that month and it would be great
to meet some of the CT OSO crew.
stop being such a ceap sh it and join the CPBA ALREADY

Your a CT boy

Leave that boat here in CT too buy another one for FL

its $35 bucks with a T shirt for christ sakes BTW come up for PR this weekend
Old 08-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4195
Well you can see where the confusion comes in, it is August 10 and there has been no "club" events. You complain no one will help so I offered. You seem to have this all set so I will just sit back and see how it goes.

obviously you didnt check your voice mail HA DONT YOU FEEL SILLY!!! LOL

BTW you didnt offer to help from what I read, I would have been very happy with that, re read your post,it seems you offered to take my Idea OVER and show me how to make it successful. LOL

Your more than welcome to help, I asked for guys to spend 2 hrs each at the launches signing guys up so we could have events this year, which cost money, no one did SH IT. I also offered for guys to pay upfront fun run Fees, to cover the insurance and we could have a run, no one was interested.

I counted 40 Hi performance boats at the CT launch in the past 3 weeks that are not CPBA members, If members cant give a couple hrs of thier time to benefit the club thats plain pathetic IMO!
I personally, have put over $1000 and countless hrs into this club, personally signed up 12 people, I made the logo, had the shirts made, had the decals made, set up the bank account, had checks made with our logo on them, spent days checking into insurance and costs for Poker/fun runs, got us incorporated and registered as a legal business, bought books for the club on becoming a Non profit and writing grants, paid the taxes, went to EVERY MEETING etc etc!

when anyone has done more than what I have done, THEN they can talk SH IT to me all they want! I welcome that day!

THE CLUB IS ONLY AS GOOD AS ITS MEMBERS AND WHAT THEY ARE WILLING TO DO TO MAKE IT BETTER

Christian G built a great web site, Steve D. worked hard to get the Applications on line, the T shirts & decals online with pay pal, Justin R is working Face book for all its worth, those guys get my respect! 100%

I hope you do help out, I hope everyone steps up and helps out, we will need guys to work this event
as I mentioned in the voice mail your clearly a good numbers guy and we could use that, we have a treasurer but theres alot more too do.

This event will be as good as WE make it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.