Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
Best ramp on Winni with plenty of parking - Not concerned about the fee >

Best ramp on Winni with plenty of parking - Not concerned about the fee

Notices

Best ramp on Winni with plenty of parking - Not concerned about the fee

Old 08-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would not want to launch a 30'+ boat at x-mas island, it's really tight (and shallow in that area) as it is for even a 24' boat.

I would suggest Silver Sands... then again, with the stupid speed limits and noise cops, I wont go back to Winni anytime soon!
Old 08-23-2011, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

30 ' not @ Christmas island or the public dock in merideth to tight silversands is usually where the bigger boats launch ..... if you wanted to keep in water overnight fays has transient slips you can sleep on boat..... not the neatest place a real old school boat yard
Old 08-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ex03RevX
I'm looking for people for sebago this weekend. I hadn't really thought about going to winni. Meredith landing is easy in/out . $20 launch and usually plenty of parking
Wont be there this weekend but I think I am leaning heavily on going to sebago for the labor day weekend. I am going to call moose landing marina and see if I can store the boat and trailer over night at their place and then find a room near Portland! Guess it also all depends on the weather!!
Old 08-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by noyzee
ahh, i hear ya. let her know we have fresh water on my boat we can hose her off after she gets out and the water temps where 68-71 last weekend!! lol
let me know, we will be at the beach next few weekends. then boat goes away and i start racing. car at ned and sleds on the grass
Hose her off!! I love it! Thanks for the offer!

Might try to get to the beach this weekend, maybe a solo trip but it would be just for the day, with that hurricane coming it might make the weekend a wash!
Old 08-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I've used the launch at Alton Bay before. Nice ramp and decent parking. The ramp is a little on the steep side but that's better than too shallow. I think it was $25 or $30 to launch and park for the day.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 502ss
When you say "camp out" do you mean transient slip or something else?
They may have an open slip for your boat, but they also have a large field for tenting and trailers no hook ups though, and you'll be able to use bathroom ,shower, laundry facilitys if needed. Good Luck
Old 08-24-2011, 10:01 AM
Registered

Wont be there this weekend but I think I am leaning heavily on going to sebago for the labor day weekend. I am going to call moose landing marina and see if I can store the boat and trailer over night at their place and then find a room near Portland! Guess it also all depends on the weather!!

I meant labor day weekend sorry.. got my dates alll screwed up. I'm putting in at the Raymond boat landing labor day wknd. prob be there both sunday/monday on the sand bar.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Registered

Hose her off!! I love it! Thanks for the offer!

Might try to get to the beach this weekend, maybe a solo trip but it would be just for the day, with that hurricane coming it might make the weekend a wash!
lol, no really, i have 10 gall fresh water with a hose for the old lady to shower at night. it works great and its usually pretty warm because it is mounted in engine room.
i wont be out this weekend, but next weekend we should be beach bound. we will leave friday after work and come home monday night baby!! i love long weekends!!! have a few friends coming with out boats to. they tent it on the beach. we have a blast!!

as for 30 footer at x mas, you guys are whips. i put my old mans 26 in and out there 4-6 times a year, and ive droped a 38 in there and a 33 as well. its all about approach. you cant pull down and turn around and back in, you have to spin it around in the big lot near the street and back it down and it goes right in. the one on the lake side is much easier tho. the inside one is tight in between the poles.