Best ramp on Winni with plenty of parking - Not concerned about the fee >

Best ramp on Winni with plenty of parking - Not concerned about the fee

Notices

Best ramp on Winni with plenty of parking - Not concerned about the fee

Old 08-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Best ramp on Winni with plenty of parking - Not concerned about the fee

Thinking of bringing the Scarab to Winni for the first time over Labor Day weekend. Any suggestions on the best ramps for boats 30' and over? Something with plenty of parking and nice quality ramp surface (concrete, etc.) I am not concerned about the cost to launch, just want an easy in/out setup!

Thanks
Jim
Old 08-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you have a place to tie up and stay or you staying on the boat?
if your staying on the boat, skip winni and come to the beach with us for the weekend, way more fun, and no cops to bust your balls. lol

if your set on winni the best ramp i have used was the one at irwin marine, not 100% sure on parking tho, but the ramp is very nice. its steep so your not backing your truck in the water. lol
meridith was ok as well but i wouldnt want to park my truck there over night. xmas island is good as well but tight and no parking that i know of.
if there is parking at irwin thats where i would go. i do xmas island because my dads place is right next door so its easy. his 26 baja (28 over all) is easy to get in and out a 30 with your dually might be tight, you would prob have to use the outside ramp
Old 08-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Registered

We use west alton marina to launch our 33' Formula, good ramp, plenty of parking w/gas and pump out on site. Get their early though and if want you can camp out for the week end. Good Luck
Old 08-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by noyzee
you have a place to tie up and stay or you staying on the boat?
if your staying on the boat, skip winni and come to the beach with us for the weekend, way more fun, and no cops to bust your balls. lol

if your set on winni the best ramp i have used was the one at irwin marine, not 100% sure on parking tho, but the ramp is very nice. its steep so your not backing your truck in the water. lol
meridith was ok as well but i wouldnt want to park my truck there over night. xmas island is good as well but tight and no parking that i know of.
if there is parking at irwin thats where i would go. i do xmas island because my dads place is right next door so its easy. his 26 baja (28 over all) is easy to get in and out a 30 with your dually might be tight, you would prob have to use the outside ramp

I would love to hang at the beach but I promised the girlfriend some good swimming and she hates salt water. So it's either winni or Sebago! I have boated plenty on sebago and really love it but thought maybe we would try something new which is how winni came to mind. I don't have a place to stay and really plan to just do a day trip so either would work. I hope to get to the beach at least once this year!

Thanks for the suggestions
Old 08-22-2011, 04:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DMAX
We use west alton marina to launch our 33' Formula, good ramp, plenty of parking w/gas and pump out on site. Get their early though and if want you can camp out for the week end. Good Luck
When you say "camp out" do you mean transient slip or something else?
Old 08-23-2011, 08:00 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you still do Ames Farms? They used to be great but I heard things changed there?
Old 08-23-2011, 08:45 AM
Registered

ahh, i hear ya. let her know we have fresh water on my boat we can hose her off after she gets out and the water temps where 68-71 last weekend!! lol
let me know, we will be at the beach next few weekends. then boat goes away and i start racing. car at ned and sleds on the grass
Old 08-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Registered

I'm looking for people for sebago this weekend. I hadn't really thought about going to winni. Meredith landing is easy in/out . $20 launch and usually plenty of parking
Old 08-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Registered

silver sands is a great place to launch really easy in and out and plenty of parking
Old 08-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Winni is the place to be this weekend. Bikini contest at the Naswa!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.