Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Block was a hell of a time……
Old 06-25-2012, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
I still think you should try a set of 24's. It would be interesting to see what a 5 blade 24p would do on that boat.

I saw the boat made it from the ramp to the Tipsy yesterday and you weren't in the bilge, so hopefully it ran well with the new wires!
I will prob try the 24's soon. Not looking forward to the loss of cruise speed though. The 24 5 blades are going to hurt the drives. So unless someone wants to buy me a new pair of imco's I've decided against the 5's.

We went to tiverton and anchored in the pond up there with a few others. One guy brought his tube and bayliner, got a little workout on that haha. Boat is running great
Old 06-25-2012, 07:36 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
We made it 50' from the dock. Engine stalled when I put it in gear and then split the gear off the end of the brand new starter I had just put in it... Quality parts from China, 2 or 3 starts out of the damn thing! Gotta love buying faulty 'new' products. Live and learn.

I had invited Justin and Nate (and the girls) along, so when the starter puked we parked the boat and they were nice enough to take me out on their gentlemen's cruiser, so the day was still salvaged. Fun day.

Did you get out Frank? Any word on when Richie is coming to finsh the boat?
We went out Thursday. Still waiting on Richie's programmer guy, gonna call and bug him some this week. I offered to take the boat there to make it easier. Sucks about the starter always fun doing the same job twice.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:39 AM
Can You Hear Me Now??
Gold Member

Received 45 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by lil red
I will prob try the 24's soon. Not looking forward to the loss of cruise speed though. The 24 5 blades are going to hurt the drives. So unless someone wants to buy me a new pair of imco's I've decided against the 5's.

We went to tiverton and anchored in the pond up there with a few others. One guy brought his tube and bayliner, got a little workout on that haha. Boat is running great
Jamie when I had my Cafe I could spin my 26's to rpm so I sent them to Brett at BBlades for some labbing I picked up 3-400 rpm and went from 74mph to78mph. Best money I ever spent on the boat.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

Well, F'N finally the boat ran good yesterday, I think 99% of gremlins are gone... a prop change and I should be all set.

BOAT IS HEADED INTO THE SOUND ON SUNDAY!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:06 AM
Registered

Glad to hear it! I think you had the most troubles of all!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Block was a hell of a time……
Damn right Skippy!

Glad to hear it!!!
I don't think those engines are going to stress those IMCO's much, they held up to the previous larger power well. Not to mention most of your running is in the relatively flat river anyway. Five blade props will tend to stress the drives more than the 4 blades, but you'd also be reducing pitch at the same time, so that will reduce stress.
Between the mild power, Kev recently having the gears inspected (and they looked good), the reduction of pitch offseting the switch to 5 blades, and not running the boat offshore, I don't think you have anything to worry about with those drives.

Originally Posted by 4195
We went out Thursday. Still waiting on Richie's programmer guy, gonna call and bug him some this week. I offered to take the boat there to make it easier. Sucks about the starter always fun doing the same job twice.
If the tuning ends up happening next week and you're heading over to LI, LMK... I should be 'off' next week. Hell, I'll even pitch in for a trip to Block for "testing".

Originally Posted by kreed
Well, F'N finally the boat ran good yesterday, I think 99% of gremlins are gone... a prop change and I should be all set.

BOAT IS HEADED INTO THE SOUND ON SUNDAY!
The seas have parted!!!! Glad to hear you're getting there, you deserve some hassle-free boating!
Old 06-25-2012, 08:46 AM
Registered

Scot, Kevin kept the drives. I have stock bravo 1's on the boat now. One with a tweaked propshaft......
Old 06-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Scot, Kevin kept the drives. I have stock bravo 1's on the boat now. One with a tweaked propshaft......
I totally forgot about that! I was in the Monday AM fog...
Old 06-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Rather you have am fog then ri sound fog. I'm thinking Thursday out again Jamie you around?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.