Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Northeast US
Let's try to put a little life back in here. >

Let's try to put a little life back in here.

Notices

Let's try to put a little life back in here.

Old 08-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who has the blue Nor-Tech CC at Island Cove? Went by it yesterday on my way back my slip. Sharp looking boat!
Old 08-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, I go away for a week and you all end up with new cigs. Anybody want to buy an Active Thunder so I can fit in?!
Old 08-19-2013, 03:42 PM
Registered

Hey winkel he isnt the only one with a new boat bro.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:46 PM
Registered

Tg

Last edited by QuickSticks292; 08-19-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kreed
Nascar?????? Whoooaaaa! lol
hahaha
Old 08-19-2013, 05:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I just realized he isn't...Congrats Kev and Nate and Justin as well....and anyone else who happened to get a new boat that I forgot

I'm running Manhasset this weekend....

Maybe we can play "follow the leader...." if anyone else wants to come out and play
Attached Thumbnails Let's try to put a little life back in here.-followtheleader.jpg  

Last edited by WildThing47; 08-19-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by WildThing47
I just realized he isn't...Congrats Kev and Nate and Justin as well....and anyone else who happened to get a new boat that I forgot

Maybe we can play "follow the leader...." if anyone else wants to come out and play
This is cigarette country now!!! Haha jk

"1"

Old 08-19-2013, 06:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 1MOSES1
This is cigarette country now!!! Haha jk

"1"

apparently so, and that's why I'll never quit smoking......
Old 08-20-2013, 05:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by WildThing47

Hey Pat are you going to run in the pavilion poker run?
Old 08-20-2013, 06:04 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Here my 2 cents...

The #6's were rigged on that boat down in S. Florida by TnT. With 1200's, it ran faster (by 3-4 mph) than any other side by side Top Gun ever has. My point is that the boat was setup for top end speed. With the 800's in it, it's a beeotch to drive under 60mph. Dropping the drives with a 1" spacer would probably reduce the slip, gain speed, make it a better handling boat overall and be a heck of alot cheaper than doing all of the work and expense of raising it.....which probably wouldn't improve anything about the boat. In my best Forrest Gump voice, that's all I have to say about that!
I think a lot of the speed this boat has is in the layup, it seems to be pretty light for an early TG. I realize it's kevlar, but I've now seen this boat parked next to a couple of other similar glass TG's and it sits noticably higher in the water. With 1200's I can see the (lowered) drives possible keeping it well planted as this power would no doubt carry the boat further out of the water, but I doubt this boat will ever have that kind of power in it anytime soon. I suspect there would still be more speed in her with them raised a little... how much height and speed, I don't know. But as you mention, this comes at a cost.

Originally Posted by lil red
The slip has been pretty low, and the only handling issue we've seen (so far) is the porpoise mid range but some tab takes that right out. My thought is going up 2" with some bigger diameter props will gain speed drop a few rpm and run just as efficient, if not better. It's about the deepest 6 install I've seen.
The boat hops so bad due to all the weight in the back, it will always likely need some tab to control it unless a decent amount of weight was added to the front (which nobody wants to do). Going up 2" will certainly gain some speed, but it will also come out of the water a lot easier when running offshore... The drives on my OL are pretty high and even with 17.5" props, it doesn't take much for the props to come out of the water. So while the rasied drives might be faster in claim water (going up a couple of inches should gain several MPH), the down side is it might be slower in rougher conditions as the props will spend less time in the water, it won't plane easily (5 blade props can help here), it will likely be less settled, and it might porpoise even worse. I think Frank has seen this to be true in his Tiger since he lowered his drives. Like everything, there's a trade-off. But if Kevin is just looking for more speed and a better roostertail, I agree raising the drive a couple of inches and going with larger diameter props will make a big difference!

Last edited by SS930; 08-20-2013 at 06:23 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.