hudson river fall fun run

Notices

hudson river fall fun run

Old 09-07-2013, 07:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ajrdonzi18
Any new info rich? Do most people prefer the first or second weekend in October. I live outside of Kingston And have no problem doing a little leg work. I frequent the restaurant by water during the summer.
Lets see what your post comes back with?
Rich
Old 09-07-2013, 08:21 PM
Registered

Good point on the liability issue, but still sounds too good to not have..just a few boaters out for a leisurely ride! first weekend is best for me, as well as third or fourth..just cant make the twelfth
Old 09-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As many of you know I have hosted this event for the last 4 years. My goal was to have a free run/get together that every type of person and boat could enjoy for the day. Lets face it, whether you have a boat that does 30 or 140 we all share the same passion for being out on the water with family and friends. So I started this event with the idea of it growing year by year and for all to enjoy. And I still have that hope that this will continue but in order for that to happen certain things need to be put in place. The biggest issue is the liability..... My attorney advised me that if a sanctioned group with insurance and proper permits were not putting on the event then stay away. As we all know anything at any time could happen, slip and fall, fight, boat accident, death, who knows. But any thing that happens will be blamed on the organizer. Especially if no insurance for the event is pulled to cover the event. Now I did my home work and insurance for the day is 5000.00 and it only covers by standers, not anyone actually in the event. The helicopter is 750.00 per hour of flight and that includes to and from event travel. So when you add all this up we need:

1) An organized group or club to host the event( LLC )
2) Money to pay for insurance, food, helicopter, marina, etc.

Then the question comes in as to who pays for all this? The participants? Then its not a FREE run anymore.... So I need smarter people then me to help figure this all out!!!!!!

I'm willing to do anything I can to get this off the ground and get it running for future events. BUT I NEED HELP...

I would love to see this take place as a boating club with corporate sponsorship to pay all fees and all money raised to be donated to Make A Wish. I'm not in it to make money and I never was. All help in the past was from my family and friends and we loved doing it. But I cant afford the liability aspect of it any more.

The last four years I have always held the event on Saturday of Columbus Day weekend so most people would have three days to travel. And that makes Sunday a good rain date if needed.

So I'm thinking saturday the 12th I'll launch out of Stoney Point marina around 9am, leave marina around 10:30-11:00 am and maybe head up to Kingston for lunch for around 1pm with the family and a couple friends. I would like to have a business meeting so to say to discuss how we can make this event happen in the future as a major event. So if you would like to be involved and take part in a great cause you should join us for lunch. Just let me know on here or PM me if you plan on attending and how many will be eating with us. I will need to make final large party reservations the week before cause they consider any group over 10 a party at the Steel House.

Bring your ideas and an attorney if you have one, then again maybe not the attorney...no offense

Thanks
Nordic95

Last edited by nordic95; 09-08-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Why can't it just be " Hey I'm taking the boat out on a sat in October. Who ever wants join meet me there at 9ish". Then it's not really a organized event !!
Old 09-08-2013, 12:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I am In for the 12th for lunch at Steel House restaurant in Kingston at 1 pm hope to see you all.
Rich
Old 09-08-2013, 01:32 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sounds good rich. I'll follow you up as long as my boat is still running.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Mr Scarab
Sounds good rich. I'll follow you up as long as my boat is still running.
Happy to have you however I launch at Atlantic Highlands NJ and run up to Stony Point I will meat you there,
Richard Cuny
Old 09-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

I am going boating that day also! Lets take a ride and have some lunch
Originally Posted by Mr Scarab
Why can't it just be " Hey I'm taking the boat out on a sat in October. Who ever wants join meet me there at 9ish". Then it's not really a organized event !!
Old 09-09-2013, 12:57 PM
Registered

I shall be joining you boats as well.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Im in for the 12th. I also, will launch from Stoney Point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.