Lets go Mainiacs

Notices

Lets go Mainiacs

Old 03-26-2014, 07:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets go Mainiacs

All right, I'm only an honorary Mainiac, but there is only 2' of ice left on Long Lake and rumor has it that it may hit 50 this weekend!
Lets put away those sleds and start getting excited for summer.
Who is hitting the Sebago area this year?
Hoping that I will have a new engine for the Sonic and have my old Checkmate back together.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Can't wait Bruce!!! Glad to hear you are still moving forward with the Checkmate project too! On a positive note, should be plenty of water on the pond this Spring!
Old 03-26-2014, 09:03 PM
Registered

I'm ready all I have to do is put my whole boat back together. Starting to get a little nervous about it getting done for June
Old 03-27-2014, 06:27 AM
Registered

Calling for heavy rain and high 40's on Friday. Going to be warm (40+) all next week. Be Gone snow!!!
Old 03-27-2014, 05:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BlownScarabI
I'm ready all I have to do is put my whole boat back together. Starting to get a little nervous about it getting done for June
Nervous?? Naaaa, the ice won't be out till July 4th!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]521069[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Lets go Mainiacs-img-20120317-00075.jpg  
Old 03-27-2014, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been boating on Long Lake every summer for the past 25 years. We always try vacation by the first week in August because the family joke was "there will be ice by the third week in August". Now I just hope the ice will be clear by the first week in August. All jokes aside - we love the place. Wifes family has vacationed there for over 60 years.Still plenty of ice on Lake Hopatcong [NJ]. Boat will be uncovered next weekend and be in the water the first weekend in May to attend the OPA race on Lake Hopatcong.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rich Lurz
I've been boating on Long Lake every summer for the past 25 years. We always try vacation by the first week in August because the family joke was "there will be ice by the third week in August". Now I just hope the ice will be clear by the first week in August. All jokes aside - we love the place. Wifes family has vacationed there for over 60 years.Still plenty of ice on Lake Hopatcong [NJ]. Boat will be uncovered next weekend and be in the water the first weekend in May to attend the OPA race on Lake Hopatcong.
I remember hanging with a crew from New Jersey that used to stay at Lakeside Pines every August. One of the guys had a fast 22 Pachanga with a Fererra (Long Island) motor in it. -Late 80's??
Old 03-27-2014, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

We stay up in Harrison [Hillside Cabins]. I heard one of their buildings collapsed under the snow load.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rich Lurz
We stay up in Harrison [Hillside Cabins]. I heard one of their buildings collapsed under the snow load.
Been up that way on my sled many times this Winter (I live on the Songo) I'll have to check it out. -On a very sad note, a girl I knew that worked at Naples Marina was killed on rt 35 in Harrison yesterday. Hit a frost heave and sent her into the woods. Very tragic. 28 yrs old with a 4 & 8 yr old. Nice girl.
Old 03-28-2014, 12:33 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

We have been on Sebago for 40+ years! We spend a lot of time at boaters beach and the state park. Bunch of Bajas and me in the Formula.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.