2018 Hudson River Fall Fun Run >

2018 Hudson River Fall Fun Run

Notices

2018 Hudson River Fall Fun Run

Old 09-24-2018, 01:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Weather allowing, there are a few of us going for a lunch run to Manhattan on Friday. Plan is to leave Stony Point Marina no later than 10-1030am. If anyone wants to join us let me know. We are planning a ride down to the East river around Manhattan then lunch on the Jersey side. We will return to Stony Point no later than 4-430pm. Remember that we have dinner planned at the TGIF next to the hotel Friday night (7pm)

Also, we do a dinner Saturday night at Cosimos (sp?)...we need a final head count for this please ASAP. Let myself or Jonathon know if you are coming. This is a meal that you do not want to miss.

thanks,
Chris
Old 09-24-2018, 01:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

One more thing, I have been made aware of several of our past attendees (this year attendees) that have either just sold their boats or have just had major mechanical issues. We as a group never want anyone to miss this great day. If you have additional room on your boat and are willing to offer a ride to our friends please speak up so we can extend the invitation to these folks to join us for the day....

Thanks,
Chris
Old 09-24-2018, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by badmonkey
One more thing, I have been made aware of several of our past attendees (this year attendees) that have either just sold their boats or have just had major mechanical issues. We as a group never want anyone to miss this great day. If you have additional room on your boat and are willing to offer a ride to our friends please speak up so we can extend the invitation to these folks to join us for the day....

Thanks,
Chris
Hi Chris
Thank you for reaching out to everyone. We are happy to make space. Let’s make sure everyone who planned the run have a seat. Can’t thank you and Johnathan enough for all your work.
Old 09-24-2018, 04:12 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by badmonkey
Weather allowing, there are a few of us going for a lunch run to Manhattan on Friday. Plan is to leave Stony Point Marina no later than 10-1030am. If anyone wants to join us let me know. We are planning a ride down to the East river around Manhattan then lunch on the Jersey side. We will return to Stony Point no later than 4-430pm. Remember that we have dinner planned at the TGIF next to the hotel Friday night (7pm)

Also, we do a dinner Saturday night at Cosimos (sp?)...we need a final head count for this please ASAP. Let myself or Jonathon know if you are coming. This is a meal that you do not want to miss.

thanks,
Chris
This past Saturday, the Spuyten Duyvil bridge was reported to be not working and was down. The clearance under that bridge is around 5 feet, maybe less at high tide. We got close but didn't go under, it was pretty tight. Some of the smaller boats went through but you're taking your chances if its still down.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by HyFive578
This past Saturday, the Spuyten Duyvil bridge was reported to be not working and was down. The clearance under that bridge is around 5 feet, maybe less at high tide. We got close but didn't go under, it was pretty tight. Some of the smaller boats went through but you're taking your chances if its still down.
42 outerlimits we went right under last weeked. Plenty of room just an fyi
Old 09-24-2018, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just my son and I in our boat . I can take 2 if need be.
Tim
Old 09-24-2018, 07:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by HyFive578
Is there any way we can find out if this bridge is operational prior to us going down there? Thanks Neil for the heads up. At worst case we will at least take a ride down to see the Statue of Liberty and get some lunch.

Chris
Old 09-24-2018, 07:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Bostonirish

42 outerlimits we went right under last weeked. Plenty of room just an fyi

well thats really cool. Now clarify for this out of towner, you guys are speaking of the railroad bridge that allows you into the east river?? Right at the GW bridge....I’ve only been there once and I was following Jonathon...

thanks, Chris
Old 09-25-2018, 04:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to be following everyone!!!!!
I don't have navigation, worst case scenario I have my phone.
🤔
Old 09-25-2018, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Chris , That is the bridge your asking about,. Its north of the GW Bridge and its actually the entrance into the Harlem River that leads to Hells Gate where It meets the East river. It is low if its not open , My 25 Outlaw fits under easy might be tight for boats with high windshields. I guy that I went down with last summer had a BAJA 302 and was too close for comfort so he had them open it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.