Custom interior and stereo >

Custom interior and stereo

Notices

Custom interior and stereo

Old 07-20-2020, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom interior and stereo

Hey guys, I have a 2000 Nordic Heat obmc with a solid exterior, power and drive set up. But the interior is showing its 20 years of age and at some point someone really hacked a stereo into the boat. Any recommendations for a shop that can do a modern Alcāntara interior and new complete Sound system in one shot? Like pros and here in the north east. Would like to get some pricing and do it over the winter.
Old 07-21-2020, 11:23 AM
M A
Registered

Hello I have a 1972 HiLiner Gypsy 222 and the v berth is missing seat padding and a stereo was placed on the dash and speakers were put there and inside the v berth they’re a sore and I most likely need to replace the stereo seeing it’s right out in the elements and the speaker housings are trash. I have some plywood leftover from my last custom boat seats, I will make a stereo enclosure for a new stereo and do the same for the speakers inside the v berth I plan on making the enclosure and then spray 3m adhesive spray on a piece of fleece and then staple and resin it to the wood, sand and sand fill and then fiberglass it. I have white Naugahyde left over somehow I will glue that to the finished project. I’m sure this is something you can do as well during our NE Winter hopefully it’s a warmer one and I won’t need to get the boat wrapped, but if it is going to be our typical nor’easter Which it will be I will start making the enclosure now and fine tune everything during the winter downstairs.
Old 08-01-2020, 08:13 AM
M A
Registered

Started to repair the scratches on the starboard side of boat from water line up to the top coat, I thought it was going to be a quick one.. two punch but after sanding, grinding, and applying gel coat to back to sanding and another round of gel coat in 90 degree weather I was beat down, so I grabbed the seats out of the other boat and power washed those and some of the teak from the Gypsy. Now it’s back to wet sanding the gel coat again and then wet sanding the whole side of the boat so I can start rolling and tipping, they make it look so easy on the videos lol.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:11 AM
M A
Registered

Well going on my third coat of gel coat to get the small holes and a couple of spots I missed, if your doing this for the first time as I did make sure to bring a pencil out with you and circle all the areas this way you won’t miss any scratches or pits the the first or second time around. So after this last coat I will wet sand a couple of times and the hit the whole side with 220 dry and tape off so I can roll and tip it. Anyone doing this again for the first time not only bring out a pencil mix gel coat in small batches I did an ounce at a time it will harden on you so move fast.
Old 08-21-2020, 07:39 AM
M A
Registered

The scratches weren’t to the glass but deep enough they needed to be repaired.
The gel coat I used had the wax in it so it was very easily repaired. Just need to sand it down and paint.
Old 08-21-2020, 07:58 AM
M A
Registered

All the Gelcoat finished on this side and top coated Navy Blue she looks nice, I am waiting on 1500 and 2000 wet sand paper.
Just a bit of orange peel, so some fine wet sanding and then run the buffer over it should have give it a mirror shine.
Old 09-09-2020, 01:45 PM
M A
Registered

While taking the boat safety coarse I went out to the boat to see my capacity plaque and there wasn’t one, I’ve been searching the web to find one or a owners manual and can’t find either, does anyone have a picture or know how to get one I could use one.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Question

Talk about a thread Hijack!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by Wharf Rat 1:
CT River Baja (09-10-2020), Unlimited jd (09-09-2020)
Old 09-10-2020, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

M A .....I think you need to check out another regular boat forum. You just dont get it, nobody here knows that boat nor cares ....This is an Offshore Performance Boat forum.
Not trying to insult or offend just being honest.