Lake placid questions >

Lake placid questions

Notices

Lake placid questions

Old 08-10-2020, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 441 Likes on 262 Posts
Default Lake placid questions

I'm planning a trip with my family to Lake Placid. Leaving the big boat at home and bringing my inflatable/engine. Can anyone recommend a place to stay? Ramps to launch at? I have wheels on it that I can just roll it into the water anywhere that I have access.

Any other lakes you could recommend on the vicinity? Just went to Lake George and looking to get away for a few days. Looking to stay in NY because all the restrictions right now.

Thanks for any help
Old 08-12-2020, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

High Peaks Resort is a good place to stay. Nice clean rooms and a great.location right in the heart of town. I know there is a public launch at the end of town on East Lake.
Old 08-14-2020, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 441 Likes on 262 Posts

Thanks for the info. High Peaks was booked. I was looking at it. Staying at Golden Arrow. Nice place on Mirror Lake. Lake Placid was nice but small. Went to Saranac Lake today and the family had a ball. They want to go back tomorrow. Looking at other places near by.

Thanks for the help!!
Old 09-04-2020, 09:23 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

sacandaga is a great lake near Lake George as well
Old 09-04-2020, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Upper Saranac Lake is absolutely beautiful place to boat. Relatively large and great mountain backdrop. There use to be many antique classic wood boats at the homes on that lake and seeing them out and about was a sight and added to atmosphere. Of course the homes or cabins along the shoreline can be quit unique to see as well.