Notices

Mild Thunder

Old 07-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe, sorry to hear you had troubles at the Beach. I get very nervous about getting in and out of there on a busy day,especially when the wind shifts. Others have a lot more experience with boat handling than I do and I've seen a lot of them get messed up when conditions change.

I got out there, finaly, on Sat for the first time of the year. There were a bunch of the Hammond crew out there. A lot of them were just as white as me. I still have to work on getting rid of the farmers tan.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Payton
Joe, sorry to hear you had troubles at the Beach. I get very nervous about getting in and out of there on a busy day,especially when the wind shifts. Others have a lot more experience with boat handling than I do and I've seen a lot of them get messed up when conditions change.

I got out there, finaly, on Sat for the first time of the year. There were a bunch of the Hammond crew out there. A lot of them were just as white as me. I still have to work on getting rid of the farmers tan.

Hey Mark, sorry we missed ya, I was contemplating just camping out there friday nite till the waves calmed down, and you guys could have yanked me out sat morning!

We actually got towed to the public ramp at portage marina. Talk about a shallow ramp. The ramp ends about 15ft from where the water line is! Id be nervous launching a 25fter there, let alone a 40.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is shallow, but getting better than last year. The lake is 5" higher than last year. I can use either ramp at Doynes now.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Hey Mark, sorry we missed ya, I was contemplating just camping out there friday nite till the waves calmed down, and you guys could have yanked me out sat morning!

We actually got towed to the public ramp at portage marina. Talk about a shallow ramp. The ramp ends about 15ft from where the water line is! Id be nervous launching a 25fter there, let alone a 40.

Yeah bro...be CAREFUL on that ramp! I backed my trailer all the way off it last year...when I came forward, I bashed the front axle on the end of the ramp, broke all my lights and tore a flange that holds the suspension on the front axle!
Old 07-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Yeah bro...be CAREFUL on that ramp! I backed my trailer all the way off it last year...when I came forward, I bashed the front axle on the end of the ramp, broke all my lights and tore a flange that holds the suspension on the front axle!
Thankfully for me, they marked the docks where the ramp ends this year. When I looked at the sign, I was like no way in hell im getting my boat out here! got lucky i guess
Old 07-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Payton
I'm glad that I anchored a little deeper than BZ and Joe, being a novice boater!!! Any closer and I might have beached my junk too!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BZ
glad to hear everthing is o.k. we had a little bumpy ride home but it settled down closer to ec. the next day Sat. was a blast the run back to the beach and then to New Buffalo...(drank more bombs!!!) and then home on Sunday...tired today...see you this week-end????
Sounds like you guys had a nice cruise.

Not sure if I'll be out sunday, I need to give my wallet a break.