Notices

Svl Oss

Old 05-04-2005, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Svl Oss

How many Factory Teams or P Class teams got checks at the OSS race? Oh Yea, were not invited
Old 05-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,646 Likes on 3,773 Posts

Originally Posted by Faster Daddy
How many Factory Teams or P Class teams got checks at the OSS race? Oh Yea, were not invited
how many factory teams have raced???
3 in F1
2 in F2

where is the growth potential ???
being a factory team i would guess that the manufacture reads magazines and the internet, if they want to market thier product they need to show advances in design, and safety, Most Factory boats racing are at least 3 to 4 years old, where is thier lastest and greatest.

read any boat mag, the only one who claims state of the art and has new boats are fountain.

formula still uses a 1999 hull, in thier ads, when the factories back factory racing then the class may return.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:17 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

read any boat mag, the only one who claims state of the art and has new boats are fountain.

and they are canopy boats which are allowed at OSS, please do not denounce a organazation because your equipment does not meet thier guide lines or rules. there has been a lot of talk about rules lately and this happens to be one of the OSS rules.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:56 PM
VIP Member

I just have a simple question. All sports have an entry level. Without PEE WEE football where would the pros come from. Without Little league, Where would the majors come from. I recently had a conversation with a fellow racer, who was concerned that a few racers who raced with us in the past, were not returning, because they are racing the National Series. My answere was you should be proud of the fact, that from the divisional series these racers have moved up. That is why we exist. For a series not to encourage new racers to the sport doesn't make sense. As your National Teams begin to fall away how do you replace them? Don't get me wrong I am glad that the OSS does not encourage the entry level boats, because it would only divide the class. I just dont understand where is the future?
Old 05-04-2005, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think a better analogy would be "without college football where would the pros come from"........... You guys are hardly little league!!!
Old 05-04-2005, 08:14 PM
VIP Member

Thankyou I stand corrected
Old 05-04-2005, 08:33 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
I just have a simple question. All sports have an entry level. Without PEE WEE football where would the pros come from. Without Little league, Where would the majors come from. I recently had a conversation with a fellow racer, who was concerned that a few racers who raced with us in the past, were not returning, because they are racing the National Series. My answere was you should be proud of the fact, that from the divisional series these racers have moved up. That is why we exist. For a series not to encourage new racers to the sport doesn't make sense. As your National Teams begin to fall away how do you replace them? Don't get me wrong I am glad that the OSS does not encourage the entry level boats, because it would only divide the class. I just dont understand where is the future?
Great analogy, when teams move to the national series, they have a lot to consider, I am not slamming SBI/APBA/UIM/WPR
but thier National curcuit only has a few races out of the state of Florida, with OSS AS any new start up organazation this is the growing years, By having 5 classes that have 5 or more boats, it gives teams a chance to measure thier program, once again not slaming but if only one or two boats compete in a class, you have to ask yourself what is the point, is it worth the expense, why not just race p-class. Also commiting to OSS and thier schedule teams will crisscross the country, competeing under several different water conditions and varoius markets where performance boats are not seen on a daily basis. Why do you compete in offshore?? do you care if thier is a fan base??? as stated before i am not here to bash anyone but make ideas and opinions voiced, everyone claims they want offshore to grow, but certainly by reading this forum no one would think that, too much chest thumping, OSS is what it is, and imo heading in a successful direction,
As for SBI/APBA/UIM/WPR, I am not totally sure if they are trying to become a the premier race body, or what thier mission really is, i say this by the posting of UIM rule 104, and while i understand the rule, what will they accomplish by enforcing it?? only time will tell, but it certainly isnt a step towards unification. if in fact that is truly the desired result.
with the season so young maybe a midseason report card by some mutual parties, powerboat, hot boat. may shed more light on this subject. of course we could have a poll here but it would certainly be biased. good luck in Marathon.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:43 PM
LarryD

most of us who race the national series came from local and divisional classes. Wazzup you guys ( OPA ) are a great local series, what we need is more strong groups like OPA across the country where people can get their feet wet with out towing 1000 miles, and I am a big believer in P-class with the run what ya brung loose rule just sort of group boats the best they can ( we spent 7 yrs in P-class and local before ) I am in no way insinuating that P-class guys aren,t serious racers, just that they for whatever reason haven't chosen to step into a more technical , rule intensive class, . we need strong divisional racing , you can't expect someone to just go out and invest in a full fledge race boat with out trying it to see if they like it ( I realize that some do just that) much easier to take your sportboat run it in the local race to see how you do ( thats how we got hooked) So other than OPA and maybe the pacific group how can we get stronger divisional series going??? or maybe there are more out there than I am aware of

Old 05-04-2005, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete B
Great analogy, when teams move to the national series, they have a lot to consider, I am not slamming SBI/APBA/UIM/WPR
but thier National curcuit only has a few races out of the state of Florida, with OSS AS any new start up organazation this is the growing years, By having 5 classes that have 5 or more boats, it gives teams a chance to measure thier program, once again not slaming but if only one or two boats compete in a class, you have to ask yourself what is the point, is it worth the expense, why not just race p-class. Also commiting to OSS and thier schedule teams will crisscross the country, competeing under several different water conditions and varoius markets where performance boats are not seen on a daily basis. Why do you compete in offshore?? do you care if thier is a fan base??? as stated before i am not here to bash anyone but make ideas and opinions voiced, everyone claims they want offshore to grow, but certainly by reading this forum no one would think that, too much chest thumping, OSS is what it is, and imo heading in a successful direction,
As for SBI/APBA/UIM/WPR, I am not totally sure if they are trying to become a the premier race body, or what thier mission really is, i say this by the posting of UIM rule 104, and while i understand the rule, what will they accomplish by enforcing it?? only time will tell, but it certainly isnt a step towards unification. if in fact that is truly the desired result.
with the season so young maybe a midseason report card by some mutual parties, powerboat, hot boat. may shed more light on this subject. of course we could have a poll here but it would certainly be biased. good luck in Marathon.
The "GROWING YEARS"?..................

In terms of offshore, APBA and SBI are the ALLIGATORS.....................meaning that they have survived, and in many cases, thrived at the expense of the new "latest and greatest" powers.

In 99 out of 100 cases, it is safer to bet on the organization that has been in business for many, many , many years................than the "flash in the pan" newcomer.

Yeah, yeah, I'm an ex-racer.........but at least I've paid the expenses of a boat owner and taken the risk of being in a boat. How 'bout you?

Why does your opinion matter Pete?
Old 05-04-2005, 09:05 PM
Registered

Larry, you hit the nail on the head.The problem with OSS having no feeder class is loyalty. When we are ready to step up, we will step up in SBI/APBA. The pro series with SBI will survive and grow through the P Classes. Heck Smitty just bought a SV and some other guys are shopping for lids as well. I would be lying if I said the Split didn't matter. It does today, but tomorrow is another day and John C is a proven survivor. I am looking foward to working my way up to a pro series class with SBI/APBA. The way I am looking at things for our teams agenda is simple. There are 40 raceboats cureently racing SBi/APBA, how can we get it to 55-60. Preferably with new blood and boats that aren't ready.
If we hit that # this year, not counting OSS boats that may show up for a few, but with boats that are being finished or taken out of mothball's, it will be an extremely succesful year in my opinion. I can sell a sponsor on 55-60 boats regardless of classes.

Quick Reply: Svl Oss

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.