Notices

Prop Thickness

Old 06-16-2006, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Prop Thickness

Originally Posted by Round Shady
Why did you need to add 200#?
RS...if your gonna get involved in the rules and racing politics, it would be nice for everyone to know who you are. It gives you more credibility. and doesnt appear as if you are trying to start a battle.

to answer your qusetion....IMCO and WHM were allowed 200 lb weight handicaps. last year to help them be more competitive.

Apparently, the allowance was not carried into this season and the guys hasd to scramble to make weight.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:29 PM
Registered

If the prop manufacturers are now being held accounatable for legal props, shouldn't they be held accountable to provide props in a reasonable amount of time also (per the rules)?

Pleading ignorance isn't a solid defense in any arena. Following the written rulebook has always been up to the racers/boat owner correct? Why is this changing?

Sitting here as a Monday Morning Quarterback is easy I guess. Maybe I'm missing something other than the rules; that appear black and white to me.

Eric ran his prop all last year and just assumed it was of legal specs. He found out the hard way that it was not. It has nothing to do with pleading ignorance. We try to follow the rule book very carefully. Some people try to stretch the rules to their advantage and others are very careful to stay within the rules. Eventually, the ones who stretch the rules, get caught. And when they do, they will lose more than just one race.

The prop issue was a gray area and only two of WHM's blades were of questionable tolerance unbeknownst (sp) to Eric. Therefore, recinding the penalty and making it known," NO MORE", was the best way to address the situation. I applaud everyone involved for their professionalism in the handling in the matter.

Thankyou OSS
Old 06-16-2006, 09:17 PM
Registered

No prob John...I dont see how we can hold the manufacturers liable.

They should get a copy of the specs when the props are ordered and adhere to them. If the props dont meet the specs provided to them, they should take them back and make new ones.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Registered

As long as manual lab finishing is allowed, one cannot hold a manufacturer liable for a process the manufacturer does not control. The responsibility lies on the captain of the boat. If you want to hold a manufacturer responsible, then you automaticlally plead for original, un-modified equipment and hence no lab finishing.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:19 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=TheBS]See Mike Tomlinsojns's LAST WORD on that issue at http://www.offshoresuperseries.com/article.php?artID=94

Capsule version:

- The prop thickness violations in Puerto Rico were rescinded.

Hummm, well I guess things have not changed much.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

With all the discussion by the teams and the board the rules were not specific enough! I am happy to give the 3rd place back to Eric. They earned it. Congrats Eric Ill get you next time.
And to the OSS board thank you for having the interest of the racers come first. You took the time and saw there was a flaw in the rules,fixed it, and as hard as it is to go back and change the standings you did!!! It takes a big person to admit there was a mistake. You all took the hard road less traveled.
Thank you,Thank you,Thank you
MD
Old 06-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

RS please post your name and boat you are affilated with or DO NOT POST IN THIS SECTION........
Old 06-17-2006, 02:39 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

RS many of your posts seem negitive towards people and organizations. The racers area is supposed to be just that an area where RACERS get there daily does of info, not comments from non racers.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:43 PM
Registered

John Stevenson
no boat affiliation

Did I break a rule?
RACERS ONLY FORUM!

What part of that don't you get? Now, Good Bye
Old 06-17-2006, 04:23 PM
Registered

SO what happens to the teams who own props that are not up to spec? Are they allowed to run them the rest of the year or do they have to buy new props?

Quick Reply: Prop Thickness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.