Notices

Prop Thickness

Old 06-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Prop Thickness

OSS has a prop rule on how thick your props can be at certain areas on the blades. They have offered to test your props prior to racing them and most of us have not done that. My sugestion would be to have every prop in your truck tested before you race it at the next race. Mini Me and Micasuki both got 3 min. peneltys for prop thickness. Both teams had no idea that there props were not within OSS standerds. And from what I was told they were real close. I aplode OSS for having tight rules and sticking to them. You can bet your bottom dollar I will have all my props checked again before the next race.
We may have moved up to 3rd in SVL beacause of this but Eric and Dave out drove us on the course all day long. Nice job guy's
MD
Old 06-13-2006, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Prop Thickness

step away from the computer

and get back to work
Old 06-13-2006, 03:38 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
They have offered to test your props prior to racing them and most of us have not done that.
MD
Lesson learned this weekend!

My hat is off to OSS for enforcing the rules too!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-13-2006, 03:46 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I like the idea of inspection up front. No suprizes later on.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

This is the classic case of racers not reading and knowing the rule book inside and out. When I was an inspector I tried to help those racers out before they got out on the course and raced then got docked for an infaction (ie spent there money for nothing). However many times during the inspection process I saw and caught illegal exhaust among other things during the short and rush inspection process. Most of the heavy inspection is done after the race because the pre-race inspection more of a safety inspection and checking for simple out in the open infractions.

RonP, if I remember correctly and I bet it is still this way...most boats do not go through inspection with the props on so there would be know way for an inspector to try and help a racer and point out this infraction.

Good for OSS to uphold the rules fair and square and not let any politics get in the way.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

At the drivers meeting prior to the race Mike Tomlinson our chief referee made the statement that props are becoming an issue and make sure you have the correct measurements! On Friday I personally heard Jim Arvis ask some of the SVL teams if they wanted a pre race inspection of there props!.
MD
Old 06-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

we as buyers of these props should hold the manufacturer responsible for them to be made to spec.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by racesdad
we as buyers of these props should hold the manufacturer responsible for them to be made to spec.
Mike I agree 100% with you and Randy on this topic. I do have a question; In the aftermath of some teams having a hard time getting the spec props, did that open the doors for other prop manufactures to get there foot in the door with similar pitch & diam props, but without strick guide lines in the manufacturing?
Mike
Old 06-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,737 Likes on 3,794 Posts

Great to see rules being enforced, as well as penalties, and it doesnt matter
who it is! Break the rules and you will be fined, or penalized.

Keep up the good work guys the racing just keeps getting better.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:47 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

We had a set of wheels in Corpus last year that would have almost certainly put us closer to the front, however we ended up in the back because I chose to have them checked. As most of you know I have had my share of challenges with post- race inspections. But props are SOOO tricky ! We ran a set on the old F2 35' that came off the shop floor . ? . ? I would rather lose in the pits than on the course because we are the only ones to ever hear the BS handed down from "whomever".
I drove up at my condo after being light in OB last year to screams from the balconies Pier 57 ! Pier 57 ! All the fans see is the course .
Good luck to all !

Quick Reply: Prop Thickness

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.