Notices

The Facts

Old 07-23-2006, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Re: The Facts

Frank, you still haven answered my question. Are those legal motors in SBI? A simple yes or no. This shouldn't take to much brain power. You know the rules inside and out.
MD
Old 07-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Thank-you Stan for your info to clarify OSS financial standings for the people that keep saying we are broke.
MD
Old 07-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are all out of control here. We don't have all the facts, and neither do any of you. I will go to mercury this week to inspect the motors and give you all an honest evaluation of what we find. Here is what I know so far. It is a common practice when you rebuild an engine to surface the heads. I would never install a set of heads without doing so. If you surface the heads you increase the compression ratio. In order to compensate for that you relieve the pockets in the heads. This is legal in SBI. Saves the cost of replacing the heads. Does not offer sizable change in performance. OSS rules are NO modifications of any kind. Thus no surfacing. Mike Tomlinsons words to me were. Metal was removed thus disquaification. My only question is if you cannot remove any metal why is it OK to hone the block and use oversize pistons thus increasing the bore size. This would give an advantage. As I said I don't have all the facts. But I will soon and will make everyone understand the difference between the two groups so someone else doesn't put forth the amount of effort we did, and wind up slammed the same way. Mark in answer to your statement I have nothing to prove to anyone. Every race we won was by miles. a few horsepower was not the difference. We are exhausted. Racing with OSS running OPA managing our business and trying to have a family life all at the same time was quite a strain. I do thank you for your offer, but at this time we taking a break. Smitty

Last edited by Boomer56; 07-23-2006 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:26 PM
Box
Registered

All I can say is....'You gotta love Smitty"!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 09:07 PM
Registered

a men smitty .
Old 07-23-2006, 10:27 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Boomer56
You guys are all out of control here. We don't have all the facts, and neither do any of you. I will go to mercury this week to inspect the motors and give you all an honest evaluation of what we find. Here is what I know so far. It is a common practice when you rebuild an engine to surface the heads. I would never install a set of heads without doing so. If you surface the heads you increase the compression ratio. In order to compensate for that you relieve the pockets in the heads. This is legal in SBI. Saves the cost of replacing the heads. Does not offer sizable change in performance. OSS rules are NO modifications of any kind. Thus no surfacing. Mike Tomlinsons words to me were. Metal was removed thus disquaification. My only question is if you cannot remove any metal why is it OK to hone the block and use oversize pistons thus increasing the bore size. This would give an advantage. As I said I don't have all the facts. But I will soon and will make everyone understand the difference between the two groups so someone else doesn't put forth the amount of effort we did, and wind up slammed the same way. Mark in answer to your statement I have nothing to prove to anyone. Every race we won was by miles. a few horsepower was not the difference. We are exhausted. Racing with OSS running OPA managing our business and trying to have a family life all at the same time was quite a strain. I do thank you for your offer, but at this time we taking a break. Smitty

Smitty/Anthony , you guys are true competitors in any level and no matter what happened it happened and now it is time to move on, you guys keep your heads up because you guys are not at fault for nothing. You two are champions in every way in my book and this is just the end of a new beginning for the two of you to take a break and come back to having fun again.

Love you guys, Albert
Old 07-24-2006, 01:00 AM
Registered

So Albert, What do you say, My old Viper, You and frank in the Cig............Miami to Key west and back. No rules no tech just balls out racing. Pick the date I will be there. Your Bud Smitty

Smitty
Old 07-24-2006, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now I would pay to see that ... Wow that would be one hell of a race.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:27 AM
Race Fast, Race Safe!!!!
Platinum Member

I'll find me a chopper, and be your med crew.

Let's rock
Old 07-24-2006, 07:29 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time to go Poker running.......................

Quick Reply: The Facts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.