Notices

OSS joins APBA

Old 01-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ryan, you are right, We can all go and race where we like. I spent 2010 information gathering & comparing and believe OPA will fit better for us. There are three orgs and in order to race you need to choose one. We found that the OPA leadership has there house in better order.

Like 2 Trick Rick said 'Do it better and win the racers'

I'm sure you're aware of the debackle with SVL Class throughout 2010. There was no resolution in sight in the hands of the org. This is alarming for someone entering or presently racing in the class. SBI seemed to resolve it at the end of a single race. OPA then took the bull by the horns and laid out the rules for the class in a very short period of time and kept everyone informed during the process. Once the rules were written by OPA most agreed with them and everything went quiet. Again, my previous post is only my opinion. I have nothing at all againt OSS just feel that a bigger attempt needs to be made to sell the org to Joe Public. That's the pool where the future racers will come from.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One other thing that should be considered is the level of Safety with each Organization. How many trained Rescue Divers will be provided? What is the level of training that these Rescue Divers have? Will there be Safety Helicopter coverage or is coverage provided by boat? The responce time difference between Helicopters and boats could truly be the difference between life and death. Is Safety coverage provided during testing sessions? Is the race course patrolled during testing or is it every boat for themselves? These are very important questions to be considered in regards to any organization.

Happy New Year to all.

Last edited by Shawn4013; 01-01-2011 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Lauderdaleboats, Did you call the Chief ref. at OSS with your questions or was it just the questions you posted here on line. Mike Tomlinson from OSS (Chief Ref) has all the answers you were asking. He doesnt post on these forums nor does the chief inspect(Gene). If you have any questions please call them. Asking people on the internet about rules is not the right way of finding out about facts. Any way race where you are comfortable.
MD
Old 01-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Uuhhhh, call me brain-damaged, but if there are solid/posted/printed rules, what's wrong with making them public for everyone to see?
Old 01-04-2011, 08:12 AM
Registered

Gordo, Not sure what you are refering to. If its the OSS rules they are in print for everyone to see on the OSS web site. Go under racers tab then to resources. All of the rules have been there for years. I hope this helps you and anyone else that may have had a problem finding them.
I was out with Muray last night and we were laughing about one of the races where you and him got a little crazy.
MD
Old 01-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Racer
Racer

Will the OSS APBA race be under P1 as well? If so will they be using the OSS power to weight rules for the 2 Vee Classes?
Old 01-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Randy. Tell Glenn I said "Hi" Then tell him I got know idea what he's talkin about
Old 01-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Registered

Dean, OSS does not offer a power to weight class. Power to weight is a P1 class. You will have to call Martin for details if you are interested. He will not respond to any questions on these boards so there is no sence asking here. Please call him it sounds like he has a good plan for your style boats.
MD
Old 01-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Racer
Racer

Thanks Randy. I thought OSS under Poli instituted a power to weight class for the Vees.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Gordo, Not sure what you are refering to. If its the OSS rules they are in print for everyone to see on the OSS web site. Go under racers tab then to resources. All of the rules have been there for years. I hope this helps you and anyone else that may have had a problem finding them.
I was out with Muray last night and we were laughing about one of the races where you and him got a little crazy.
MD
how come the fountain svl was allowed to race ???????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.