Notices

OSS joins APBA

Old 01-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

It showed at Biloxi and was inspected by the OSS officials. It was measured and checked for motor seals. The SVL class voted and said in the pre season that as racers we wanted the new boat to race with us to increase boat count in our class. So why wouldnt it have been allowed to race? You must have a point you are driving at. Spit it out and maybe I can help answer your question if its about the Fountain racing in OSS. If you are asking about it racing another org I cant help.
MD
Old 01-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,688 Likes on 1,206 Posts

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
SBI left APBA last year, but SBI agreed to honor OSS registration fee. Wonder if that will be the case for 2011?
Not that it matters a whole lot at this point, but I believe it was APBA, not SBI, that did the "leaving" last year.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

APBA and SBI parted ways a couple years ago....
Old 01-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaving

The whole thing is a joke APBA was never welcome just as OSS wasnt welcomed with open arms this past year. It was meerly an attempt from sbi to get boats.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

will OSS be racing in 2011 any events off the southern california coast? long beach etc....?
Old 01-20-2011, 07:14 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Same Crap Different Decade,I have been around it for many many years and it always comes back to this,to many racing organizations and not enough racers to fill the classes and then the crappy economy has hurt alot and on and on.I Hope it someday it gets fixed but I have my doubts but it comes down to the guys that are still racing,they are doing it because they love to race and have enough disposable income to waste to have some fun.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Mark, I agree with the statement of having one org running offshore. I also agree that it was at its hight in 2002 with APBA. Well here we are in 2011 and still the org's cant merg. We go threw this every year where us racers talk about it and nothing EVER changes. Maybe just maybe OSS joining APBA is a step in the middle ground. P1 is in,OSS is in,I believe POPRA is considering, what would happen if OPA joined? Isnt that getting us all to our common goal of one org. Everyone gives a little of there power up to a common APBA banner. Yes we can get back to one org. Its called APBA.
And no I am not mad at you. Just challenging your statement.
MD
APBA is not going to unify the sport, even if P1, OSS, POPRA and OPA join. That still leaves John Carbonell in charge of Florida and Key West and he's not going to join any other organization. APBA will rejoin SBI or no unification is possible. It's JC's way or the highway you better believe it.

Just my .02