Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Offshore Super Series (OSS)
Much BIGGER turn markers. >

Much BIGGER turn markers.

Notices

Much BIGGER turn markers.

Old 07-22-2003, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a freshly DQed member of the "Where's that friggin buoy" society, I can attest: Randy has a point.
Looks like Kryptonite not only nuetralizes Superman, it creates havoc with the vision of mear mortals:
Old 07-22-2003, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I for one would like to see larger bouys.
Although I'm new to racing, I do feel it would be a lot safer for everyone out on the race course.
The bouys that were used this past weekend at Atlantic City were to small!! As randy mentioned, when you are bouncing along in snotty water, spray on your sheild, you need to be paying attention to the water and the other boats around you!

TomR
P5-15 "Sonic Boom Racing"
Old 07-22-2003, 02:31 PM
oui
Registered

I think we should make the bouy's smaller so those with 20/10 vision have the advantage, this certainly would increase the competition...sort of like a fighter pilot finding his target aircraft carrier for landing...
Old 07-22-2003, 03:23 PM
Trim it Up!
Platinum Member

Time to get that eye exam!
Old 07-22-2003, 04:07 PM
Registered

Why do 12 ft sailboats, racing at 5 mph across the Metedaconk River, have inflated bright orange turn marks, about 5 ft in diameter, yet boats running at 15X their speed do not.
Old 07-22-2003, 04:42 PM
packinair

PECONIC what about youre ten inch screen.who loves ya babey

Old 07-22-2003, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Peconic,
Did you and Kirk have a decent in flight movie to watch with that thing? lol But seriously, thank you because we followed you out of the inlet and I just looked over your shoulder and I could navigate a lot easier. It was great to finally meet you and hopefully at the Point we can actualy have the time to sit down and BS for a little bit
Old 07-22-2003, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

A rectangle course following the shore line is easy folks. But put in more turns and some spectators and its ?
And as for the shrimp boat in Savanna that thing moved during the race and was not a mark. If some people used it as a mark you were in trouble when he left.
MD
Old 07-22-2003, 10:31 PM
Doc

Wow! All this commotion about turn buoys, I cant see any negatives on having larger buoys, only positives. Make a determination on a size then call Budweiser and have them sponsor APBA with the New Bud Buoys. I'm a rookie too but we have won every race we have started except one second and we (Treadwell and I) find our way around with compass headings and a mental picture of the course. Maybe navigation lesson after the drivers meeting by an experienced racer would help racers who are having difficulties getting around the course, I know I would be happy to attend. Norman

Old 07-22-2003, 10:46 PM
blackhawk

Randy, glad I could help clarify and I totally agree with you!

Scott B, yes my baby is a 1995 Donzi Classic Blackhawk, thanks.

Quick Reply: Much BIGGER turn markers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.