Notices

SBI / APBA in NYC

Old 01-30-2005, 12:56 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Question Re: SBI / APBA in NYC

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
Hopefully the boat count limit can be lifted so it can really be a big event..
If too much of a boat count is an issue with that site, perhaps they can move the National event to Pt Pleasant? It just may be like the old days.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 01-30-2005, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SBI / APBA in NYC

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
If too much of a boat count is an issue with that site, perhaps they can move the National event to Pt Pleasant? It just may be like the old days.....
it takes lots of money can you put it up front
Old 01-30-2005, 01:09 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Sponsors in the Pt Pleasant area have done it in the past. I think if the association showed those same sponsors that they can bring them "The Big Show", they may come up with the money needed. Don't know till it happens I guess....

Old 01-30-2005, 01:13 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think Sharkey can put up the money but there are a few bar owners that could afford it in town. Plus if you used the NYC dates they would probably cough it up as that is the end of the summer season. Anything is possible and with this new merger and the possibilities of a large boat count this may have to be looked at as an option. NYC maybe a little hard with permits for over 40 boats the day before the 9/11 anniversary. If you approach the NYC site as a memorial race for 9/11 you may have a better effort to bring in a bigger show.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
I don't think Sharkey can put up the money but there are a few bar owners that could afford it in town. Plus if you used the NYC dates they would probably cough it up as that is the end of the summer season. Anything is possible and with this new merger and the possibilities of a large boat count this may have to be looked at as an option. NYC maybe a little hard with permits for over 40 boats the day before the 9/11 anniversary. If you approach the NYC site as a memorial race for 9/11 you may have a better effort to bring in a bigger show.
dennis n.y. is being taken care of by the santioning body where the 40 boat count came up is anyoneyones guess jonh c. has people in place to get things done in n.y. n.y. wont be moved its been there to long lets get the first 5 months under way things take time and planning as i am sure everyone knows by now let things fall in place it will all work out great for everyone sit back and enjoy the new world of powerboating
Old 01-30-2005, 02:50 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the update SNGLSTACK. I have no idea where that came from either. The merger is by far the best thing that has ever happened in the sport. Sorry if I read into it to much. Tell Bubba I said CONGRATS AND JOB WELL DONE.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:54 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by SNGLSTACK
where the 40 boat count came up is anyones guess
A quote prior to last year's event:

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
08-24-2004, 11:20 PM
The reason is that the NY race has a limited amount of boat that can race.The only race will be Sunday,and only 1 race. The max. boat that can race that weekend will be about 45-50 boats.Security will be very tight with it being 911 weekend.

Frank
"koolhand"
So it is only natural to think the same restrictions would apply for 2005.

Question is though, that out of the same marina this race takes place over 125 boats come out for a Poker Run and a Boat Race in June. Why the restriction in Sept? Is it because of the anniversary?

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 01-30-2005 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
A quote prior to last year's event:

So it is only natural to think the same restrictions would apply for 2005.

Question is though, that out of the same marina this race takes place over 125 boats come out for a Poker Run and a Boat Race in June. Why the restriction in Sept? Is it because of the anniversary?
that is correct homeland security calls the shots there are a lot of top politicans both in n.y.and n.j. that weekend for memorials also the poker run doesnt close the hudson you wouldnt beleive all the red tape for september but john c.has a big pair of scissors
Old 01-30-2005, 06:27 PM
Registered

SNGLSTACK,

The reason I brought up the 40 + boat thing is from what was posted last year...while the merger with SBI and APBA is great the 5 months of work on our main sponsor and 2 local sponsors in Va. Beach are being pulled because 3 of the race sites on the APBA schedule were national races and were the biggest part of our proposel. Now we are starting over and the N.Y. race will be a big part of our new focus..if we put this together and there is a boat limit we are going to be out a lot of money and piss off a lot of people and a lot of work down the drain....We understand the new merger and the changes...but we are trying to make sure we are good to go with the new schedule and I know a lot of guys race in SBI that are on OSO....just trying to get some info from the guys that went to Atlanta
Old 01-30-2005, 07:30 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Gino, just preregister for NY early.

Quick Reply: SBI / APBA in NYC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.