The Jersey Boyz and SBI >

The Jersey Boyz and SBI

Notices

The Jersey Boyz and SBI

Old 08-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The Jersey Boyz and SBI

Thanks for your concern Our rollover was quite an experience.

I agree that two circuits are not better than one. And I only wish, that once again, 88-90 boats will answer to roll call at any given race, as in 2003. But, that is a long time from happening.

I dont think OSS is anywhere near an early termination and Im sure SBI will continue to thrive as well. So, in the meantime, lets just make the best of what we have. And hope that things get better in the foreseeable (sp) future.

Good luck wherever you run
Old 08-26-2005, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Randy,
I don't think it's about making a statement who you support. What about those racers who support Offshore Racing. In Smitty's case he may also be running his P2 boat at the worlds and would have no choice where to race but Key West, since he could race both boats.
I think there are some teams who would race both organizations' worlds if they were on different dates.
If a boat raced both organizations and won in both worlds they would be the undisputed World Champion. Just as you were in 2002 when you won F1 in both the SBI and APBA worlds. You challenged ALL the F1 boats and beat them all to become the 2002 SBI and APBA F1 World Champion!
I look forward to seeing you soon.
Matt
Old 08-26-2005, 11:55 AM
Registered

What started up as Augie stating fact and clearing up the air....which I must say...there is all kinds of rumors going out after the St. Clair race...and like always most is smoke....

Augie..thanks for posting your tread....Its always good to hear it from the horses mouth ( no pun inteded ). We all know there are people out there that will try to stir up anything....
and maybe thats what irace is trying to say....
I don't want to affend any of the Jersey Boys so I will say to Augie, Smitty, Scott and a few others...just keep doing what your doing.....race, have a good time, race with no agenda and not falling into all the B.S.

Guys....you talk about AMF being DIST. and how certain teams don't support OPA...
I think John has done a great job with AMF and sponsoring teams....but because someone dose that dosn't mean anything gose....John is a big boy...along with all of us. If John has sat down with John C. and Bob B. and hears something from there mouths and dose not like it he along with the rest of every team has the choise of not racing.
If you think every team out there is not going to have a problem with the rules or disitions...let me know what planet your on....deal with it...
We all wanted class represenitives so they can go threw the proper chain to be heard...we have that now. So use them...
Its funny how racers from another Organization have to speak for how SBI is handling things. Why so concerned on a Organization which you don't even support, other then to bad month it....
Preach Professionalizm....but act like kids....
If SBI/APBA is doing such a bad job on the rules and have teams that are so upset....then be happy...all of them will come to race OSS.

Bruce your whole story is SHUT UP AND RACE.....why are you so concerned and taking shots at a Organization that for one you used to race on both SBI/APBA.
The Jersey Boys are big boys to....if they want to know why the SBI/APBA teams didn't show I'm sure they can ask the guys themselves....never knew Smitty or Augie to be shy.
IT sounds like your really happy with OSS....SBI/APBA can handle there rules and desitions....

Glad to see you guys are ok from the roll...

Last edited by MANITIE; 08-26-2005 at 12:11 PM.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:57 PM
VIP Member

Randy, I will run the SV in Key west for a few reasons. One of them being I am also the defending World Champion with the P boat. And have every intention of defending that title. In order to do this I cannot be in two places at one time. As far as the SV goes, and I know you wont believe me but, when we were in St Clair Jim Arvis was inspecting my boat when David Knight the CEO of Fountain PowerBoats called my cell. The purpose of the call was first his concern for our rookie race, the other to let us know the only problem Fountain had with us being there, was if we lost. Please dont try and pin me in a corner. I have the utmost resect for you and the OSS. St Clair was awsome. At this point we are in no points chase which gives us the oportunity to run wherever we want. I wouldnt be suprised when we pull up along side you in the pits, very soon. As far as the rest of the teams, are always free to go wherever they want, and always come back. As far as taking you off the list, there is only one way to do that, I am not sure you want to know how. Anyway, relax have fun and drive to like ya stole it. Smitty
Old 08-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Gino this post is for people that are racing boats this year.
MD
Old 08-26-2005, 01:22 PM
Registered

Randy...

Sorry....I thought I seen that Augie started this post....I didn't know you were using his password to......
Old 08-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Gino this post is for people that are racing boats this year.
MD
Does that mean "shut up, beaatch"?????
Old 08-26-2005, 01:41 PM
Registered

I can see this thread is going to become a pissing match, so i will do my best to keep it civil.

Gino,

True, my motto has always been shut up and race. However, when you are told who you can race with and where, I have a problem with that.

I have always had respect for, and supported John C and the SBI org through the years and have Just as much for Jim Poplin, Bob Bull and the APBA org.

But this year, Im seeing and hearing things that are goin on ( not publically posted) that rubs me the wrong way. While most of these things I hear are second hand, they come from reliable sources.

The parties involved know who they are and what Im talkin about. I'de be more than happy to talk to you privately if you wish.

my number is 732 906 8680 feel free to call anytime.

Smitty, ..... you know what Im thinking. I'll be more than happy to discuss in private. You know where to find me.

Mark, Im not going to acknowledge your questions because your not entitled to an answer.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Registered

Yeah, I need to call Bruce too......... But I will wait till much later. Its my Birthday today so I will wait until the festivities begin so I am in the right state of mind!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 02:33 PM
Registered

i look forward to all your calls

Quick Reply: The Jersey Boyz and SBI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.