The Jersey Boyz and SBI

Notices

The Jersey Boyz and SBI

Old 08-26-2005, 06:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up The Jersey Boyz and SBI

OK, so OPA/The Jersey Boyz did a race outta Jersey...we sancitioned a race in St. Clair. It was an OPA Northeast Divisional Points Race for us, OSS came, ANNNNNDDDDDDD? We INVITED EVERYONE, NOBODY else came! We race where and when we want, that's been The Jersey Boyz Motto since day ONE! Smitty and I have been getting calls, e-mails, ect. for over a week now soooooooooo I'm gonna clear the air and set $hit straight. We (The Jersey Boyz) are LOYAL to Bubba and SBI, we always have been. We will race Key West, we are not starting our own racing body ( we have enough bull $hit running our own businesses) and we are not jumping any ship ( could you see my fat a$$ jumping anything!) Guy's, we just want to race and have fun. ANY QUESTIONS??? My Cell is 201-665-1033, my office is 201-863-3560 if anyone needs to hear anything else. Thanks for a great season so far, EVERYBODY! Augie and Smitty

Last edited by AugiePensa; 08-26-2005 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: The Jersey Boyz and SBI

Never saw so many crybabbies in my life. Just shut up and race. The object here is to have some fun doing it and not always be upset.
Augie, Smitty, Scott and the rest of the Joisey Boyz always put on a great show. It is great racing with these guys andddd we also love the spread they put out with John from AMF.
Competition is good. We all should try to win on the race course and not in the rule book. Beating 5 or 10 other boats gives you a feeling of great satisfaction knowing you gave it your best and were successful. The best thing though is that even if you lose a race there will always be another one in a couple of weeks that you can look forward to. My point is that at least there is offshore racing to enjoy. The downside is that with all this bickering between the two current sanctioning bodies, and the same by the racers someday we may not have any place to race and that would be a shame. As a long time racer, I have seen guys come in to our sport with a big splash and be gone in a couple of years. Let's hope that doesn't happen to our Sport itself. It sure would be nice to have all of us race together.
Way to go Augie. See u soon
Old 08-26-2005, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Re: The Jersey Boyz and SBI

Smitty, does that include you to race the SV in KW? I totally understand the rest of the P class teams and Factory guys to race SBI and support it in full. The nice thing about racing on the same week is that you make a statement as to which sanction you support! YOU CANT DO BOTH
MD
Old 08-26-2005, 08:55 AM
Registered

Augie, please list the current teams that are part of the Jersey Boys club.
MD
Old 08-26-2005, 09:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Randy, the best thing about our Family (The Jersey Boyz) is that our Motto has always been as I've said is "WE" race where we want, when we want against everybody that's why "YOU" as one of The Original Jersey Boyz Crew have THE CHOICE to race where you choose as well as Bruce. My choice is SBI, would I love to have everyone race together...HELL YEAH! Randy, I'm on here with Smitty's blessing to just clear the air about what we are doing...nothing more. I do wish EVERYONE the best for a very safe remaining 2005 season. Randy, I'll call ya after 1:00pm today. Augie
Old 08-26-2005, 09:33 AM
Registered

IRace

I disagree....

There are no crybabies here. Everyone chooses to race where they feel will fit their team's goals best.

you need a rule book. It doesn't mean jack, if you win on the course and beat teams by having an unfair advantage. And it means a great deal if the rules are not implemented.

There is alot of behind the scenes issues that need to be addressed.

Just remember..... the racers are the show. if you cant keep them happy, you will lose them. No racers+no show.= no $$$$

Eventually, there will be none. just the sad truth.

How many teams do you think sat out the last two years because of all the BS? Quite a few.

How many teams do you think would be out, if the NC race results were not reviewd? Quite a few. As far as Im concerned, if there was a scoring problem and they cant pinpoint the problem, the results should have remamined. You cant impose a half penalty by giving last place points and no money, but not bump up the classes.

Further, I think the AMF crew are great and they welcome everyone. though there seems to be some animosity toward them. Why? I have no clue. But there is. Why wouldn't you want a group like that at your races? Is their trailer bigger than yours?

they are only helping the sport by sponsoring several teams. How many teams do you think would not make as many races as they did, had it not been for AMF. So they, single handedly helped the boat count. How can you not appreciate them?

The racers spend tons of money and take countless hours away from their jobs, businesses, and families to race. For what? a trophy and a few hundred $$$. They need to be heard and respected. Not dictated.

I may have gone off track here, but we need to acknowledge the problem, not protect it.

Just my opinion

Last edited by BRUCE SEROFF; 08-26-2005 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:59 AM
Registered

Augie, I was only trying to state with a comment like THE JERSEY BOYS have always been loyal to Bubba sounds a little over the top for me. It also sounds like has been and will in the future. If this is the case then take me off the list. Good luck with SBI in the future and have fun as always.
MD
Old 08-26-2005, 10:14 AM
Registered

Lets not forget, that the Jersey Boyz hosted a race, here in NJ and asked that everyone support them in an effort to bring back OS racing in the NE.

How may showed? Why didnt they show? Thats what I call loylaty.
One sided!!!!

Augie...with all due respect. You guys need to rethink where your loyalties lie.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:40 AM
Registered

Damn, looks like Bruce and Randy have struck up a romance........
Old 08-26-2005, 10:51 AM
Registered

Smile Re: The Jersey Boyz and SBI

Bruce, I agree with you that the racers are the show. Also I agree that we should all go to the venue that best suits our teams. But the sad truth is that 2 circuits doesn't do anybody any good. Just look at whats happening to CART and IRL. They are both having trouble fielding enough teams to make the show. The only full IRL race is the INDY 500 which compares to the Key West Race in terms of number of teams.
The Jersey Boyz went to ST. Clair to an OSS event. How many Oss teams came in to N. J. for their race? I am sure that some SBI teams would love to have gone also but there was a race scheduled the following weekend. If you're running for a championship, sometimes you can't make it work.
As far as the rule books go, you are always going to have someone who has an advantage. Some teams will push the rulebook to the limit and some will have a better mousetrap, that is just racing. This has gone on with all forms of racing forever and it will continue. To sit out in protest and not race is stupid. All that will do is lower the number of entrys until there is no show. What we need is one circuit with a ton of boats and then we may be able to make this thing work. I guess it will take the OSS wives finding out how much money they're spending to put on these races to force OSS to an early termination.
By the way,I'm glad you are alright after that rollover. It probably would have shook me up.

Quick Reply: The Jersey Boyz and SBI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.