Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > OPA/The Jersey Boyz
Thanks to OPA & Blue Water!!!!! >

Thanks to OPA & Blue Water!!!!!

Notices

Thanks to OPA & Blue Water!!!!!

Old 08-01-2006, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Thanks to OPA & Blue Water!!!!!

The event in St Clair was incredible. Thanks you for having us at your event!! Make no mistake we know that without OPA and Blu Water this would not have happened. To see 70 boats in one spot reminds me of "Glory Days"! The players that made this happen are a long list of who,s who in offshore and many others. Ed Smith was generous over the top. Not only did he let several teams (including ours) store their boats inside at his marina after Toronto, he had the time and heart to take several very special children for a ride on test day. He also used his facility to get fuel for everyone and was a major player in the whole event. Not to mention running a flawless race and taking the checker overall in race 1. Smitty (Wazzup) was everywhere, helping any and everyone with anything. This guy is tireless and after the hand he had to play with , still walked around looking for people to help. A really class act and team. I got to stay next door to the Papa Duke gang and they were a really nice group of young guns and their boat ran and looked like it got a lot of
TLC. Conrats on their win. I am sure these guys will be getting flags long after I am ash's in the sea. Beautiful town with fantastic people. The list of players in this event is too long to list. Thank you so much OPA and Blue Water for making the OSS feel welcome. Alan Laird the producer of "OUR" Worlds was so impressed by our comraderie that he said the only way to tell the organizations apart was to ask who belonged to which. I now get to say I belong to both OSS and OPA because I joined OPA in St Clair. I will personelly work with Smitty and co. to insure that the OPA accomodation factor is at least close to what we got in St Clair. Thanks again!!

PS some of my crew were made honorary "members" of Augie's "club" after he tried their gumbo. They keep telling something about "snoozin with minnows" when I bust their "chops" about anything.
Stan Ware
Popeyes Racing
Oss Treasurer
OPA member ( and proud of it!)

Last edited by Popeyes; 08-01-2006 at 10:09 AM.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:44 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Thanks to OPA & Blue Water!!!!!

Stan, Welcome to OPA and thanks for your hospitality.

Looking forward to the next time we meet.

Ron
Old 08-01-2006, 11:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stan, your THE MAN. Thank You for being there, for the dinner and just being the CLASS ACT that you are. Stan, your boyz are great, they always treat me like "FAMILY" and that's real important to me. LyAnn, the baby is BEAUTIFUL, God Bless. Welcome to the nightmare! Regards, Augie CONGRATS on your win.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to thank the staff of Blue water offshore,OPA the city of St Clair what a great event.More then a race with the bands and all the fans what a great place!!Our hats off to you thanks for hosting the OSS teams.To both of the Ed Smiths "thanks"for all the hard work it showed.To Augie what does the horses head mean??The Reliable team was proud to be part of your big show thanks again.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:58 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

I dunno Tommy, something about getting a horse's head from Augie would scare me.

Better than finding it under the covers I guess.

Your turn!
Attached Thumbnails Thanks to OPA & Blue Water!!!!!-horse-head.jpg  
Old 08-01-2006, 01:22 PM
Registered

Thank you all for coming to St.Clair. It was good to see everyone again.
Be safe and have fun

Last edited by Julie22; 08-01-2006 at 01:23 PM. Reason: mispelled words