Notices

OPA/Key West

Old 03-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vinny....I would bet...even if you have to pay and you want to go to Key West...I'm sure we can raise the money to pay your way to run against Steve and Gary.....
Old 03-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Good JOB Smitty ...KEY WEST IS GOING TO BE GREAT!!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MANITIE
Vinny....I would bet...even if you have to pay and you want to go to Key West...I'm sure we can raise the money to pay your way to run against Steve and Gary.....
I am wondering on behalf of all OPA racers, are you really invited if you have to join another organization? If that is the case I suppose we are all invited to race everywhere? Just looking for a straight answer.
Old 03-13-2007, 01:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vinny, I'm gonna go out on the edge here. Yes, everyone is invited "Per The Rule Book" of SBI/APBA. Smitty and I will be working with Bubba from SBI/APBA on behalf of OPA/The Jersey Boyz and are in constant contact with Him. My suggestion would be to contact SBI direct as I can only speak for OPA as their Vice President.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Registered

Augie....Vice president huh? im glad to see you got re elected. Congrats.

what you are saying doesnt really answer Vinny's question.

if you are speaking on behalf of OPA, maybe you can explain how it will work with the two associations. And what the registration requirements will be.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Registered

Talking

Augie sorry to see you have given up your tattoos for a political career. Your a much better racer! Bruce I think from reading out on the limb that you are invited to join sbi, it has nothing to do with opa other than your invited to join.

Last edited by vinny kostelac; 03-13-2007 at 02:28 PM. Reason: political
Old 03-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Registered

Bruce...the way I read Augie's post is call SBI/APBA to get the answer...
The way its always been is you pay to race the next season at the Worlds....so what OPA works out with SBI/APBA is up to them...and I would think if OSS is going to go to Key West I would think they would be doing the same....

Just wondering....dose anyone know what OSS is doing for the Worlds and or there dates....becasue its sounds like some OSS racers might like to go to Key West too....

The season opens next week....

Last edited by MANITIE; 03-13-2007 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Registered

I Reserved My Room At The Red Garter
Old 03-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Registered

Smitty, so if I join OPA then I don't have to join sbi to race in KW?
Wild Ride #51 2004 & 2006 SVL World Champions

Ok Vinny, not to speak for John or Smitty here but maybe I am missing something. I have not been racing as long as some of you so I may have missed something somewhere and hope you can help me with this.

Is there or has there ever been a racing organization or race site promoter that has allowed anyone with a race boat to show up and race without requiring the team pay all of the fees that everyone else in the organization has paid? So far I have raced with APBA, UIM, SBIP, US Offshore, GAS Series, OSS and soon OPA and POPRA not to mention IHRA and NHRA and all of them required I pay all of the fees to participate in the event including OSS...

Key West is a WORLD Championship event governed by a World sanctioning body that also cost in excess of $500,000.00 to put on. As you I would like to see us all get paid to show up however I do not think that is going to happen until we can produce a product that real sponsors can see a value in. Until then the sport is what it is. If you want to boat race you have to buy a boat, engine, etc and pay the fees to do so. If you want to go poker running I think the same thing is required to some extent.

Maybe I missed something so if you could tell me what it is I really would like to know.

Bob
Old 03-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Registered

Great news!!!!!!!!

As a fan.........Destin was ok, but NOT Key West!!

Quick Reply: OPA/Key West

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.