Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 02-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys (and gals),

Imax, this sequence tells us a LOT about what happened... and until now, I really had no idea.

Pic 1, we're starting to launch going around the first pin at the Harbor Turn at Mallory Square. Note the wave in the foreground.

Pic 2, fully airborne laid over at a 45deg angle. Drives have a BUNCH of steering input because were making the turn tight and hot, with 5-6 boats all around us. Sure glad we had the inside line on the turn. Note the wave still in front of us.

Pic 3, looks like we've tripped the left drive on the wave, and kinda sideways-stuffed still making the turn.

Pic 4, the bow has dug into the turn, with the stern still mostly out of the water, causing us to bow-steer hard to the left.

Pics 5 & 6, well.. now we're mostly just getting wet, hanging on for dear life as we continued on our 180 deg pirouette. We musta had pretty good grips, as no one exited the boat.

If there are any pics after this, I would guess there's nothing but spray, as we came to rest with our transom pointing to Imax's location.

We re-fired her back up and took it for an easy Sunday drive on the race course, finishing up our laps. We didn't have much more to prove after this maneuver. It's amazing how fast these things go down. Imax, you must have one bad-azz camera to capture these many frames in a 2-3 second time frame. Thanks for being on your toes.

Thanks to everyone else for your kind words and encouragement. See y'all in the spring.

Cheers,
Brian
Old 02-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default visual aids

Originally Posted by p4-33
Thanks guys (and gals),

Imax, this sequence tells us a LOT about what happened... and until now, I really had no idea.

Pic 1, we're starting to launch going around the first pin at the Harbor Turn at Mallory Square. Note the wave in the foreground.

Pic 2, fully airborne laid over at a 45deg angle. Drives have a BUNCH of steering input because were making the turn tight and hot, with 5-6 boats all around us. Sure glad we had the inside line on the turn. Note the wave still in front of us.

Pic 3, looks like we've tripped the left drive on the wave, and kinda sideways-stuffed still making the turn.

Pic 4, the bow has dug into the turn, with the stern still mostly out of the water, causing us to bow-steer hard to the left.

Pics 5 & 6, well.. now we're mostly just getting wet, hanging on for dear life as we continued on our 180 deg pirouette. We musta had pretty good grips, as no one exited the boat.

If there are any pics after this, I would guess there's nothing but spray, as we came to rest with our transom pointing to Imax's location.

We re-fired her back up and took it for an easy Sunday drive on the race course, finishing up our laps. We didn't have much more to prove after this maneuver. It's amazing how fast these things go down. Imax, you must have one bad-azz camera to capture these many frames in a 2-3 second time frame. Thanks for being on your toes.

Thanks to everyone else for your kind words and encouragement. See y'all in the spring.

Cheers,
Brian
Brian,

Glad you finally got to see what happened, See you at the races...

imax
Old 02-03-2008, 10:37 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

People can say they learn alot from videos, but a sequence like that in stills is priceless...

Nice job Bruce.

PS
So as to not get out of touch with the 1D, I have been out freezing my tail off doing this :

http://www.sharkey-images.com/photo_shoots/

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 02-03-2008, 10:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
People can say they learn alot from videos, but a sequence like that in stills is priceless...
So true, Tim. Hard, if not impossible to see the details in real time...

without question, the best shots from ANYONE of the entire week.

ps- nice surfing shots... I got a few yesterday, too. (post #25)

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 02-03-2008, 06:14 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat

Thanks!

That one surfing on her hands was funny!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 02-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GARBAGEMAN
Nice !!! That looks like so much fun !! I can't get OTC to get that outta wack it just keeps on spinning out

Guess I'll just keep tryin !!

Hats off to the driver in OTC. I saw the boat show its whole bottom at near 90 degrees sideways at turn two. Some how you guys saved it and marched in the harbor seemingly not losing a second.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat

Tim, To get the best surfer shots you have to get in the water!!
Old 02-07-2008, 04:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Inside lane, 5-6 boats into turn one, HUMMMM. I guess I learned you well Brian. GREAT PHOTOS and even BETTER is Brian got outta of one hell of a jam. Love and miss ya Bro.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Nothing I got from the week comes close to Imax's incredible sequence, but since this is a Konrad thread, I thought this might be appropriate. Keep it up, guys!

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Quick Reply: For the Konrad Crew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.