Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > OPA/The Jersey Boyz
GPS readings???? >

GPS readings????

Notices

GPS readings????

Old 02-12-2008, 09:33 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to contact the manufacturer, and set up a recertification program. Before the start of the season all units will have to be returned to the manufacturer, and recert for 09. Smitty
Old 02-12-2008, 09:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guy's, send your GPS back to manufactuer to be tested if you feel there is a problem. Purchse additional plugs that connect the two units together, I have 3 in my truck! Make sure you battery is FULLY CHARGED the night before the race. Run your boat Saturday (or the day before the race), use your GPS, get in and ask Allen to plug into OPA's Computer and get the read out to make sure it works. Last and most important, make sure you have the correct prop calc in boat and the correct chips. Easy Huh? Now for the tough one, OPA will use only 1 (ONE) GPS for the 2008 season as we always have done. The one with the registered # will be the one Allen goes by. Make sure your GPS is Regestered will Allen before you hit the water for the first race of the season. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Old 02-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
19.Any boat caught breaking out of their speed bracket will receive last place points

Any chance this can be changed???? Personally I would like to see those that break not breakout get last place points. There are some teams (myself included) who broke and never crossed the finishline yet placed ahead of boats that ran all laps. Just a thought but we are there to put on a show for the fans, why not reward those who are able to finish. Just my .02.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:52 AM
VIP Member

Rules are established within an organization to create stability. The longer the rules remain the same, the more people begin to realize what is expected from them. So, understand what we are saying here. No Rule Changes. Now go fix your boats.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:27 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Is there any room for improvement on how we are reading the GPS systems at a race. I would suggest possibly having it done in public and printing each as it is being downloaded. Also a master sheet for everyone to be able to read everyones. I think the way we are doing it leaves some people to question the results. Being up front with all teams to see would clear up any of those feelings.
Also Im still not sure why we cant run 2-GPS units in our boats and only hand in one unit to be read. The second can only be read if the first has no data on it period! That would also help save some teams from a sure DQ if there was no info. or your battery died or your antenna broke ect. There has been teams that have traveled and raced hard to only get DQed for not having info on there GPS.
Just 2 thoughts to only make things better. Does anyone else have thoughts or opinions on this.
MD
I missed this part. There has never been a team DQ'd for a GPS that did not read. That would be against the rules. The rule that was written In Destin, If you remember.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I talked to Jay about the Cambridge race and the first day we were fine but on the second day we had no reading on our GPS.We were bumped back to some position I dont remember where but it was not where we thought we finished. I dont care about last years results and dont want to drag any of it through the mud. Is there a differance between being DQed and being put in last place?
MD
Old 02-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Racer
Racer

Hey Randy,
I think last place you get last place points and DQ'd you don't get any points. As we have been talking about this, a lot of seemingly good points have gone through my brain then after thinking about them more, they aren't the answer. I think we should grab a table at the Awards Party for a few minutes and hash some stuff out when we are all there. Louie
Old 02-12-2008, 07:33 PM
VIP Member

Randy, someone got the wrong info. There was a four way tie for fourth. No DQ, just four breakouts. In the present rule book the only way you get a DQ is if you dont have a GPS .
Old 02-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I never had any issues with the gps system at all...really you should all mount them like louie....if your not mounting them hard soft case...with grommets and so on...honestly your being totally stupid...make sure you can see your lights through the case....sometimes I would not get green and I would re power it up....curtis said it will come to life after moving....meaning get a green light...but over all I think it is a great way to go..had alot of fun and learned alot..hats off to everybody that helped me out..
Old 02-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

OK, That was last year and Im OK with it. Lets move on to 08
MD

Quick Reply: GPS readings????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.