Notices

3 years are up

Old 11-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Possibly allowing canopyed singles in class 5?
MD
Under 30' canopyed boats in class 5 would be cool!! Might find a few people to add to the class.

Dave
Old 11-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Smitty,
Thanks for the clarification! I'm happy not having to spend more money!!!
Old 11-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Smitty
Old 11-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by axapowell
Under 30' canopyed boats in class 5 would be cool!! Might find a few people to add to the class.

Dave
Canopied boats (except batboats) will kill class 5.....Period. Im surprised at MD for even suggesting it.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Possibly raising the speed 3 MPH?

MD

I'm not sure what the point of that would be. Anyone that
has broken out at 75 will now compensate for a higher speed and have just as much chance of breaking out at 78. The 3 MPH won't change how fast the boats look from the beach and I can't believe it would feel much faster in the boat.

Rich
Old 11-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

I don't race, I just put on the band aids at a couple races for you guys, so the only thing that really concerns me is safety, so if canopies can help keep you guys safe, I am all for em'. Anything that can help you guys safely return to your wives, children, family and friends after the race should be exempt from 3 year reviews.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing
The old GPS is as accurate as the new ones. Just not as easy to read. I see no reason why you cant still use the old ones. We were hoping to switch to the wireless, but no big deal.
The way Michigan's going that 900 Bucks is a big deal to more teams than you may realize, so Thanks Smitty!

Originally Posted by sbracing
Possibly raising the speed 3 MPH?

MD

I'm not sure what the point of that would be. Anyone that
has broken out at 75 will now compensate for a higher speed and have just as much chance of breaking out at 78. The 3 MPH won't change how fast the boats look from the beach and I can't believe it would feel much faster in the boat.

Rich
Rich,
I agree with keeping speeds the same as now. If anything lower them a couple mph so they are in line with the other race org's to try and start building a little unity and conformity, The fans watching won't notice a couple mph.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
The way Michigan's going that 900 Bucks is a big deal to more teams than you may realize, so Thanks Smitty!

Rich,
I agree with keeping speeds the same as now. If anything lower them a couple mph so they are in line with the other race org's to try and start building a little unity and conformity, The fans watching won't notice a couple mph.
I agree keep the old GPS's to keep cost down.... $900 is a lot for us peps in Kansas to!!

I agree align the classes, its too hard to explain to people the different class speeds in all of organizations. We have talked of this before and with the 3 years being up, now is the chance.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:34 PM
Registered

Default setup

Originally Posted by georgeeisenhart
After getting Dq,d in key west I got to wondering if it isn't possible to control our speed as well as our r.p.m.Im' a low tech. guy in a high tech world but it seems to me we should be able to link the g.p.s. to our allowable class speed. most of us have felt the pain a breakout. any one have some knowledge of the possibility of such equpt.at a price we could handle.GrumpyG
i'm not trying to point the finger but if you break it your own fault. we all know the top speed allowed and you just need to work on your setup to that speed. i know some guys that have to look at the speedo and pull back and thats their way of setting the boat up. its probably not the the best way but they are risking breaking out.

i cant see why you cant just figure out prop and rev limiter to get as close to top speed with out going over??

to the prez of OPA and other in class 100 -

as for my class (100) what about changing the top speed to 117 mph. this would be the same as sbi and i could run the same setup ??
Old 11-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Racer
Racer

These are the SBI Speeds..

• Class #6 70 MPH (Class #6 N/A in SBI racing)
• Class #5 72 MPH
• Class #4 82 MPH
• Class #3 92 MPH
• Class #2 102 MPH
• Class #1 117 MPH

Quick Reply: 3 years are up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.