Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another GREAT move OPA!

Hope this really helps the turn out!
Old 09-27-2011, 04:38 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Mighty Macs will be there
Attached Thumbnails Make Money racing in Orange Beach-315846_1984088367813_1411352893_31657566_1441485143_n.jpg  
Old 09-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Registered

Wink

This is a great opportunity to bring boats out for the Orange Beach race. I was hoping for an special like this at Solomans. I just paid all the costs to race 1 race in Solomans Island and it was a great experience. If this was a Visa commercial: $1000 for OPA Boat registration; $300 for OPA membership for my son and I; cost of hotel & travel $400 ;The opportunity to race with the great people at OPA was "priceless". I got a great lesson on how to hold your line through turn 1. ;-)
Old 09-27-2011, 04:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ron P
Not planning on it Julie.
Well that sucks!!!! Thanks Ron
Old 09-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by baja208
This is a great opportunity to bring boats out for the Orange Beach race. I was hoping for an special like this at Solomans. I just paid all the costs to race 1 race in Solomans Island and it was a great experience. If this was a Visa commercial: $1000 for OPA Boat registration; $300 for OPA membership for my son and I; cost of hotel & travel $400 ;The opportunity to race with the great people at OPA was "priceless". I got a great lesson on how to hold your line through turn 1. ;-)
It was great having you in class 6. Hope to see you back next year!

Rich & Pete
Joker Powerboats 611
Old 09-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you gave it a try an came out to have fun with us!! Nice having you in our class for sure! If you ever need anything feel free to contact me.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Registered

Thanks ! Everyone was very helpful. The Joker boats are one well built boat. This payout just to race Orange Beach has me thinking I can't wait all Winter to race again. Good thing I rebuilt my trailer last winter.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

And we race twice in Orange Beach. Friday and Sunday. If you haven't been to the Redneck Riviara, you haven't lived. Just the party alone at the Florabama is worth the trip.

THUNDER ON THE GULF October 6-9, 2011

Schedule of Events for Thunder on the Gulf
Wednesday, Oct 5
• Race Teams arrive
• 5:00 pm Pre-Welcome Party for VIP’s at the Flora-Bama Lounge
• 6:00 pm Welcome Party hosted by the Flora-Bama Lounge / Perdido Key Chamber. Opened to the Public!

Thursday, Oct 6
(Wristbands required for Premium / VIP Viewing Areas)
• 10 am- 5 pm Wet Pits at Outcast Marina (race fans not allowed on docks or near cranes) ~ Viewing Area at Cobalt’s. SEATED VIP VIEWING. Come watch your favorite boat make its BIG SPLASH!
• 10 am – 8 pm Race Village open (Race Boats on display) Admission $5. Free with VIP Pass. Kids Pavilion, Concessions, Vendors.
• NOON - 3 pm Practice on the Gulf of Mexico. Watch the race teams develop their winning strategies for Friday and Sunday’s Races.
• 5:00 pm VIP Pre-Party at Happy Harbor on the Line
• 6:30 pm Racers Party at Happy Harbor on the Line. Entertainment By ____________________.

Friday, Oct 7
• 9 am- 5 pm Wet Pits at Outcast Marina (race fans not allowed on docks or near cranes) ~ Viewing Area at Cobalt’s. SEATED VIP VIEWING. Come watch your favorite boat make its BIG SPLASH!
• 10 am – 8 pm Race Village open (Race Boats on display). Admission $5. Free with VIP Pass. Kids Pavilion, Concessions, Vendors.
• 11 am VIP Tent at Perdido Beach Resort & VIP Tent at Island House Hotel Open. Must have VIP Pass to enter.
• NOON – 4:00 ~ LET THE RACES BEGIN!!!!! ~ Tune into a play-by-play account of the races on Sunny 105 Radio.
• 6:00 VIP Pre-Party at Live Bait On the Beach II
• 7:30 Meet the Race Teams at Live Bait on the Beach
• 8:30 “Miss Thunder on the Gulf” Bikini Contest
• 10:00 Live Entertainment By Chad Bradford & the Damn Band

Saturday, Oct 8
• 9 am- 5 pm Wet Pits at Outcast Marina (Race Fans not allowed on docks or near cranes) ~ Viewing Area at Cobalt’s. SEATED VIP VIEWING. Come watch your favorite boat make its BIG SPLASH!
• 10 am 2011 Pleasure Island Poker Run. Open to the Public. For More Information Visit: www.thepleasureislandpokerrun.com
• 10 am – 8 pm Race Village open (Race Boats on display) Admission $5. Free with VIP Pass. Kids Pavilion, Concessions, Vendors.
• Noon - 3 pm Practice on the Gulf of Mexico. Watch the race teams develop their winning strategies for Friday and Sunday’s Races.
• 11 am – 4 pm Live Entertainment at Race Village
• 5:00 pm Boat Parade from Race Village to the Orange Beach Event Center at the Wharf
• 6:30 pm Fans Meet the Race Teams at the Wharf
• 7 pm VIP Gala at the Orange Beach Event Center featuring Entertainment by the TipTops, Heavy Hors d’oeuvres, Cash Bar and a Silent Auction For VIP’s and ticketed guests. Tickets are $25 each. Free with VIP Pass.

Sunday, Oct 9
• 9 am- 5 pm Wet Pits at Outcast Marina (Race Fans not allowed on docks or near cranes) ~ Viewing Area at Cobalt’s. SEATED VIP VIEWING. Come watch your favorite boat make its BIG SPLASH!
• 11 am VIP Tent at Perdido Beach Resort & VIP Tent at Island House Hotel Open. Must have VIP Pass to enter.
• NOON – 4:00 LET THE RACES BEGIN!!!!! WORLD CHAMPIONS WILL BE CROWNED. Tune into a play-by-play account of the races on Sunny 105 Radio.
• 6 pm Awards Ceremony at Live Bait II. Awards Party to follow featuring Live Entertainment By Chad Bradford & the Damn Band.

All events and times are subject to change. You can find updates at www.thunderonthegulf.com.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Thanks ! Everyone was very helpful. The Joker boats are one well built boat. This payout just to race Orange Beach has me thinking I can't wait all Winter to race again. Good thing I rebuilt my trailer last winter.
Forrest..it was great seeing you and Jarret have fun at your first race.Looking forward to seeing the F&R RACING TEAM at future OPA events!

Mark

Last edited by waterboy1; 09-27-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Another GREAT move OPA!

Hope this really helps the turn out!
You should race your POWERPLAY!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.