Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Ill still take the help with the homework

We could forget all of this and just race in the ocean
Old 11-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jjake0623
Is class 6 entry level? Or is it who can build the fastest boat? "Heads Up" or "WOT" is great, but not for me. The competition will change from who has the best team (driver & throttle) to who spent the most money (fastest boat). What about the higher risk of injury or death driving a 24' boat at 95m.p.h. in the ocean. Before I joined OPA, I talked to Jason Saris about dumping more money for more speed into the Switzer; knowing the boat will do between 68 & 72 m.p.h.. He told me we would go out on Lake George and race. After he beats me in the first race, we will SWITCH boats and he will beat me driving the Switzer. If you have 8 to 12 boats racing at 70 m.p.h. driving "neck to neck" fighting for position checkbooks don't matter any more. May the best team win!
If it is a level playing field for next year, then the "Truck Driver" is ready for a fight!!
Jeff Boat # 623 Country Service Auto Transport
Well said!
Old 11-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by jjake0623
Is class 6 entry level? Or is it who can build the fastest boat? "Heads Up" or "WOT" is great, but not for me. The competition will change from who has the best team (driver & throttle) to who spent the most money (fastest boat). What about the higher risk of injury or death driving a 24' boat at 95m.p.h. in the ocean. Before I joined OPA, I talked to Jason Saris about dumping more money for more speed into the Switzer; knowing the boat will do between 68 & 72 m.p.h.. He told me we would go out on Lake George and race. After he beats me in the first race, we will SWITCH boats and he will beat me driving the Switzer. If you have 8 to 12 boats racing at 70 m.p.h. driving "neck to neck" fighting for position checkbooks don't matter any more. May the best team win!
If it is a level playing field for next year, then the "Truck Driver" is ready for a fight!!
Jeff Boat # 623 Country Service Auto Transport

Agreed as well!!!
Old 11-26-2011, 07:33 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check books always matter! lol We have been searching for parody since the beginning of offshore and still are. The good old days are never quite as good as we remember them because if they were so "good" things wouldn't change right? Also add in the factor that you can never please everyone, times that by outboards, stern drives and divide it by surface drives and you come up with a lot of different boats. That's where the current GPS excels, but there are still factors too deal with like flat water, bumpy water and down right angry water! Not to mention different hulls and handling characteristics, still the GPS is on top. Now take a spec class, here, all the boats are to be matched with the same or similar motors, drives, hulls and weight. That's where the prop shaft dyno excels, it will cut down inspection time and insure the spec boats are not getting away with a hidden hp advantage. The scales will keep everything else straight too. If a particular brand seems to have a tremendous advantage then weight can be added to keep the rest of the fleet competitive. This will not be so hard to do as the staff can run a boat that has lets say too many competitive wins or say laps the rest of the fleet and rectify the issue if there is one. At this point this is up for discussion by the classes and the fact that we are close to the holidays and New Years and Smitty is still looking for ways to improve what we have should be appreciated, I think this is cutting edge and I am in favor of GPS for some classes and the prop shaft dyno for others. Bringing us back to the check book.

Louie
Old 11-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Well put Louie!
Old 11-26-2011, 11:17 PM
Registered

I'm with Louie. Keep gps for class 6. Dyno is nice check for super class.
My engines out if anyone wants to trade ? Now about that " hold your position until first turn" that's what I'm going to do next season.
Old 11-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by baja208
Now about that " hold your position until first turn" that's what I'm going to do next season.
This didnt work at ALL in Solomons!!!! Some people didnt hold their lane thru the start!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

Last edited by Pwrbt33; 11-28-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Registered

Default dyno

can we get some more info on the dyno ?

what drives does it hook up to? #6, trs, alpha, bravo, xr ?

will it work on outboards ?

how much horsepower can it take ?
Old 11-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Registered

Question

When its there going to be time to run 12 boats say class 5 on a dyno then work out all this weight stuff and who is hipping to be doing all this? It seems like most people@ OPA are pretty busy already and let's face it we have enough trouble being race boats there on time now and starting and finishing races in the time allowed?
Old 11-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by GoFastSonic
Question

When its there going to be time to run 12 boats say class 5 on a dyno then work out all this weight stuff and who is hipping to be doing all this? It seems like most people@ OPA are pretty busy already and let's face it we have enough trouble being race boats there on time now and starting and finishing races in the time allowed?
Class 5 would be GPS so the total boats being Dynoed would be around 10 or so, the weight is done when being craned in and out, so there is no time lost there. The idea is based on the premise that we would be eliminating the need to fully tech a boat after the race so it should be less time consuming, again it would be spec classes also.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.