To Dyno or Not to Dyno. Thats the question

Notices

To Dyno or Not to Dyno. Thats the question

Old 11-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sbracing
Don't need to build a new one, Tyler says I can "have" the one out of his boat. "Have" works well with our budget!
Hahaha!!! I dig it!! Maybe our class should just swap engines every race!!
Old 11-25-2011, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Just a couple of thoughts.
*I think Smitty is right-many of us race OPA because its the only place available to run smaller boats. Based on most of the class 6 responses, most would prefer heads up racing.
*Should a tech inspection just be based on the Horsepower?If someone wants to build a small block high compression engine or a large cubic inch engine-should we even take these factors into consideration as long as the horsepower meets the agreed amount?
*Tyler brings up a good point, is it time for a bracking class 6 as well as a "Modified" class 6??? Why not?? The more boats the better. Remember Pro and Stock classes wearing the same letter designation in US Offshore?
*What horsepower would be the desired amount? Most in class 6 seem to be running well over 500 HP. My personal feeling are 550-600.
Bob G. 606 Lock'd Up Bandit
Old 11-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A level playing field is nice or at least something close to it. You guy's are the experts, I'm sure you will come up with something fair. But please, make it affordable. I'm not a mechanic and I don't have a fat checkbook. Just a truck driver. I don't want to be mowing Jason Saris's lawn on Saturdays or helping Johnny Saris do his homework or book reports to pay off my boat rigging bills. Thanks, Jeff.
Country Service Auto Transort. Boat # 623
Old 11-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jjake0623
A level playing field is nice or at least something close to it. You guy's are the experts, I'm sure you will come up with something fair. But please, make it affordable. I'm not a mechanic and I don't have a fat checkbook. Just a truck driver. I don't want to be mowing Jason Saris's lawn on Saturdays or helping Johnny Saris do his homework or book reports to pay off my boat rigging bills. Thanks, Jeff.
Country Service Auto Transort. Boat # 623
Jeff,
I'm with you. No one is trying to make it cost more. We are trying to keep the field reasonably level. You have a say just as all of us in class 6 do.
Old 11-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Registered

Let's just drop the speed limit and run as fast as your 26' or less boat will go!
Old 11-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FandRRacing
Let's just drop the speed limit and run as fast as your 26' or less boat will go!
As nice as that would be, 80% of the 26' or less boats run around 90 mph top end.... Dont believe me, just ask them, they arent shy, they've been posting it for awhile now.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:32 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I go 70 mph just like on the high way trust me
Old 11-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Registered

I have raced with the OPA in the old class 5 and then it was class 6 and and to be honest the reason I stopped racing was it was kind of boring , Smitty and the guy's were great but keeping under certain speed was boring . Just thinking here , why not have restrictor plates for each class , they have serial numbers and are installed @ each race by crew member in front of OPA offical then sealed .
This way they all can go wide open and no gps , just heads up and your set-up would make the difference . No weighing boats , just plain simple .
Larry
Attached Thumbnails To Dyno or Not to Dyno. Thats the question-1112.jpg   To Dyno or Not to Dyno. Thats the question-1111.jpg  
Old 11-26-2011, 09:28 AM
Registered

what about something like this for class 1, supercat and cat lite ?
Old 11-26-2011, 09:35 AM
Registered

Is class 6 entry level? Or is it who can build the fastest boat? "Heads Up" or "WOT" is great, but not for me. The competition will change from who has the best team (driver & throttle) to who spent the most money (fastest boat). What about the higher risk of injury or death driving a 24' boat at 95m.p.h. in the ocean. Before I joined OPA, I talked to Jason Saris about dumping more money for more speed into the Switzer; knowing the boat will do between 68 & 72 m.p.h.. He told me we would go out on Lake George and race. After he beats me in the first race, we will SWITCH boats and he will beat me driving the Switzer. If you have 8 to 12 boats racing at 70 m.p.h. driving "neck to neck" fighting for position checkbooks don't matter any more. May the best team win!
If it is a level playing field for next year, then the "Truck Driver" is ready for a fight!!
Jeff Boat # 623 Country Service Auto Transport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.