Notices

Turn One Rules

Old 08-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,074 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Smitty your point is taken, however, before the melee of turn 1, could the issue of pace boats consistency be addressed? We realize that they are volunteer boats at each site, but they do have an OPA official on each boat. Can that official reach over and state that they have to maintain 50 mph(or whatever speed you designate, based on course, conditions, etc) instead of the official telling the pace boat to slow down so they can get the picture? Instead of the parade lap being a cluster**** and just leading an unorganized fleet around for the explicit reasoning of familiarizing the racers with the course, cant the racers line up in their assigned lanes for this lap and then when everyone is lined up, they get turned loose as early on the stretch as possible, while keeping the rules for Turn 1 and doing away with the mill in between the parade lap and start of race.

Before you have to deal with the turn 1 mess, maybe we should start @ step 1 and fix step 1 first and establish consistency with the pace boats first and then turn 1 might not be such a calamity. Just a thought
Only reason I had to back out and go behind everyone in that video is because the paceboat started the 75mph class at 80 lol
Old 08-29-2012, 04:47 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We got away from the running starts, for the simple reason, everyone was so concerned with getting in their lane and battling for position, no one was looking around to find turn bouys, reference points etc. defeated the purpose. We decided to drop the fleet mill and restart. much safer, and organized.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoFastSonic
I know we havent had any starting issues in class 5 last 3 races?
Mike, HAHAHAHA!!!! Its kinda hard to have a bad start with 2 or 3 boats!!!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Racer
Racer

I was going to stay out of this thread but might as well give my 2 cents..

I say free for all.. like the old APBA days.. Fight for your lane .. if you have room squeeze into the spot..

with that being said this is our new canopied race boat.
Attached Thumbnails Turn One Rules-0925081606.jpg  
Old 08-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Many of my best memories in racing were the starts and the first turn. By the end of the first lap its down hill from there as far as fun goes. Not sure when or why we have gone to this mister nice guy mentality in racing. It used to be WOT the whole race,put your boats in places you hope it will fit,trim your boat up or down,risk running tab at the price of losing speed,set you boat up for top speed in the conditions you were delt,$hit in your pants in the milling area because you were so jacked up about turn one and never ever play nice with your competetor on the course. It was a race for guys with balls and a sence of knowing this is not a safe sport. Now we have 100 MPH boats racing in a 70 MPH class. Hold your lanes in turn one and ask your competitor if its ok to pass them. Am I missing something???????????????? I would love to see an over haul from top to bottom again. We have taken this set of rules to the point that they are being manipulated to something other than what they were intended. OK shoot me !!!!!!
MD
Old 08-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,074 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Many of my best memories in racing were the starts and the first turn. By the end of the first lap its down hill from there as far as fun goes. Not sure when or why we have gone to this mister nice guy mentality in racing. It used to be WOT the whole race,put your boats in places you hope it will fit,trim your boat up or down,risk running tab at the price of losing speed,set you boat up for top speed in the conditions you were delt,$hit in your pants in the milling area because you were so jacked up about turn one and never ever play nice with your competetor on the course. It was a race for guys with balls and a sence of knowing this is not a safe sport. Now we have 100 MPH boats racing in a 70 MPH class. Hold your lanes in turn one and ask your competitor if its ok to pass them. Am I missing something???????????????? I would love to see an over haul from top to bottom again. We have taken this set of rules to the point that they are being manipulated to something other than what they were intended. OK shoot me !!!!!!
MD
Your just mad cause your old boat keeps kickin your azzzzzzz
Old 08-30-2012, 05:48 PM
Racer
Racer

. Now we have 100 MPH boats racing in a 70 MPH class.
MD
103mph...

But if your trying to be a smart ass please dont.. as we posted before we dont race with that motor, that was one and done deal and we are putting the 600hp back in for the last race.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

No Rick im not trying to be a smart a$$. And I know you and Tyler put big motors in your boats for the shoot out and congrats on that big speed thats a heck of a feet to achieve. Its a general statment that most classes have boats that far exceed the speeds of the class. Im even one of them 84 MPH max in a 75 MPH class. I just wish more racers could experiance the thrill of wide open throttle and having to use the trim and tabs.
MD
Old 08-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Registered

Randy, you going to make Solomons? I have something for you..................Hope to see you in your boat this time and good luck!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Racer
Racer

No Rick im not trying to be a smart a$$. And I know you and Tyler put big motors in your boats for the shoot out and congrats on that big speed thats a heck of a feet to achieve. Its a general statment that most classes have boats that far exceed the speeds of the class. Im even one of them 84 MPH max in a 75 MPH class. I just wish more racers could experiance the thrill of wide open throttle and having to use the trim and tabs.
MD
Ok, sorry if I came off short.. Long day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.