Notices

Lap Sheets

Old 09-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
Very cool - but a quick question on class 6 as our B/O speed is 70mph and Wazzup II ran 70.50 (approx) for a "LAP" Average? .. how the heck do you read this?
two identical laps in a row too!!! $hit's pretty consistant! lol

Last edited by swung6; 09-20-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Registered

Default After reviewing lap sheets I'm more confused

Our fastest lap was number 3 with an average of 69.87. I didn't let off the throttle the entire race, so other than losing some speed in the turns I can't understand how we broke out. Our boat lacks the HP of most the other boats and runs very consistent, I would have at least expected to see us have the highest lap speed average during the break out lap???

Can someone with more knowledge of the matter shed some light on how to interpret these sheets.

Thanks
Old 09-24-2012, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

I'd like to know how some boats don't break out yet are half a lap ahead? Not trying to start sh!t just not sure I understand the break out rules.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:32 AM
Goumada P5-38
Gold Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Most likely , the course length of 4.6 miles is from pin to pin and not the true course you take when racing around the track .
If we change course length to 4.7 miles , then lap speeds drop by approx . 2 % or about 2 mph .

Just shows , hug the pins !
Old 09-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jmemoli
Most likely , the course length of 4.6 miles is from pin to pin and not the true course you take when racing around the track .
If we change course length to 4.7 miles , then lap speeds drop by approx . 2 % or about 2 mph .

I believe this to be correct and the lap sheets don't have the exact length of the course.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:19 AM
Registered

So this is a mile / time calculation = a average speed. & has nothing to do with GPS breakout.

MD
Old 09-24-2012, 10:48 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jmemoli

Well correct me if Im wrong......but if this is pin to pin and we race outside the pin then everyone shoulkd have a SLOWER speed than their breakout speed due to your covering MORE ground than LESS. Which meens if your "ESTIMATED AVERAGE LAP SPEED " is OVER the class breakout speed then you BROKE OUT.

Is it me or this isnt adding up right??? What I see needs to happen is the GPS guy needs to give the Cheif Scorer the EXACT COURSE LENGTH via our GPS and then figure these #s out!! Guessing obviously isnt working!! Then all the numbers should be VERY VERY VERY close. And to say the course changes every lap is ludicrist. All the bouys are anchored as well as the start finish boat so there shouldnt be any variables.

OR......We start having an OPA OFFICIAL stand at the pier when we all get back and hand it over right then and there so all the scoring can start asap. No lending out a gps from one boat to another, we have spares to rent out to a 1 timer dont we?? If not, BUY IT!! We had to inorder to race. I see us going in the right direction but there seems to be to many "well maybe's". Lets sit down and make up some rules NOW so next season is a great one so NOBODY can b!tch.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:59 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by lil red
I'd like to know how some boats don't break out yet are half a lap ahead? Not trying to start sh!t just not sure I understand the break out rules.
I used to wonder the same thing, it comes with time. Seat time is everything, the start is everything and you cant make any mistakes.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Registered

The average lap speed as stated its based on course length so if you enter the length as 4.0 miles but the actual length is 3.5 the calculations don't work. Our currant breakout system however not perfect isn't based on lap times or distance its based on GPS speed over ground. So pretty much the lap times are just for us to look at not be scored on, just my 2 cents.

I wish there Was a way we could race using the same GPS we are scored on. Like the sbi system that you can watch and there isn't any questions as far as how much the OPA GPS and the actually GPS the driver is using?
Old 09-24-2012, 01:09 PM
VIP Member

Listen, we calculated out the lap times, because many have been asking.
The laps were calculated out based on a 4.6 mile coarse. Obviously, the distance is slightly off.
The intent was to give you an idea how consistant you are, or are not thats all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.