Need All Class 6 to Vote >

Need All Class 6 to Vote

Notices

Need All Class 6 to Vote

Old 06-24-2013, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
Since there were 9 boats AC for class 6, that would equate to $444.44 each. If I was still in class 6, I'd vote tow money.

I talked to boomer before the race, he will talk with his Dad and class 6 will have a meeting after the next drivers meeting at the next race.

We will put this to rest once and for all. Wazzup wants prize money also.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:55 PM
Registered

Prize money
Old 06-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Registered

Why would I want to race for prize money if I'm bringing a stick to a gunfight.
I would rather get the tow money and race for the hardware.
Our team supports OPA wherever our travels may take us.
And OPA supports us by giving us the travel money.
Therefore, we get the largest turn out of any class and we have the most competition and the most exciting race.
Jeff
Country Service
Old 06-24-2013, 09:00 PM
Registered

I was under the impression that class 6 is entry level.
Our team has an entry-level boat and our team is still new to racing.
If you want to race for money:
1) I'm sure class 5 has plenty of spots available.
2) Or, Bring cash and your dyno sheet and be prepared for an inspection.
I'll race for money if we have a level playing field and both of our boats are equal. Wouldn't that be the fairway?
if you're in an entry level class and you are that good, then why not gamble with your own money??
Jeff
Country Service
Old 06-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DavidRaabe
I talked to boomer before the race, he will talk with his Dad and class 6 will have a meeting after the next drivers meeting at the next race.

We will put this to rest once and for all. Wazzup wants prize money also.
Of course boomer wants prize money!!!!
I won't be there, but will eventually show up. I signed up for 6 under the impression that you guys did tow $.
That's needed for me at this point. When you guys vote be sure to check #617 for tow $
Mike @50886 three 966
Old 06-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jjake0623
I was under the impression that class 6 is entry level.
Our team has an entry-level boat and our team is still new to racing.
If you want to race for money:
1) I'm sure class 5 has plenty of spots available.
2) Or, Bring cash and your dyno sheet and be prepared for an inspection.
I'll race for money if we have a level playing field and both of our boats are equal. Wouldn't that be the fairway?
if you're in an entry level class and you are that good, then why not gamble with your own money??
Jeff
Country Service

Jeff, no need to get all pissy. You guys ran a great race. Will make note of your vote.

The fact of the matter is, as long as your boat doesn't exceed 26' you can put whatever the hell you want in it,
we all have to run the same speed.

2 years ago we kicked around the idea of a horsepower cap but that idea was thrown over board.

Besides, your third place finish in Hopatcong would have already covered your tow money for 2 races.

Btw,

Class 7 is now the entry class and if you want fair, spend the money to race SVL. For many years class 5 had the largest boat turnout and it wasn't because of tow money.

Last edited by DavidRaabe; 06-24-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would agree with Sale 'N Buy's proposal....a combination of both: Tow money (to ease the pain) and prize money for the gravy. Thus, everybody gets a little relief. Seventeen hours to Tawas (one way) was brutal.

On the flip side of the coin, I could use some airline payola....I gotta fly to the mainland from the Caribbean every time, (then drive/tow) to do this. NEMO
Old 06-25-2013, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both points of view regarding tow vs. prize money have their merits. Obviously when the east coast teams haul to Michigan, tow money eases the pain, while on the east coast races, tow money is not as big a deal. Prize money is nice, but paying only top three in class with 9 boats. What about a compromise where we pay all the boats prize. 1st biggest percentage of purse, 2nd through 5th a lesser percentage , 6,7,8,9 same amount(essentially tow money). Let's be realistic here. There are no entry fees to race. Any money we get is gravy.
Class 6 is the biggest class in OPA with a deep field of competitive boats, (Just look at the results of the first 3 races) working together we can keep it that way.
By the way, I hate the term entry level. Regardless of that, entry level doesn't mean cheap. It means less expensive than the next class.

Rich
Old 06-25-2013, 08:30 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by sbracing
By the way, I hate the term entry level.

Rich

Agreed.

Class 6 is the deepest and most competitive class racing OPA - To call you "entry level" is a insult.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
Since there were 9 boats AC for class 6, that would equate to $444.44 each. If I was still in class 6, I'd vote tow money.
This is realizing that if the Purse for a class at any given site is broken down to tow money instead of prize, you would only get $444.44 if the Purse is $4000. And that if there are 12 boats in that Class payout for tow would be $333.33. This would also mean you get that same amount for driving 1 hr or 12 hrs.

Also here's something to ponder, let's just say the prize purse is 25K and needs to be distributed into 7 classes .... Do the math again....... Now do the math when that same 25K needs to be distributed to 8 classes ..........

Most sites on the circuit do not offer a flat payout like East Tawas did, so the thought that there is a set amount for travel/tow does not exist. You as a class have the opportunity to get together at each site and vote for the Purse payout to be either Prize or Tow.

Last edited by Lucididee; 06-27-2013 at 10:38 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.