OPA comes to Lake of the Ozarks

Old 04-30-2014, 01:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OPA comes to Lake of the Ozarks

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
04//30/2014

Lake of the Ozarks (LOTO) is one of the biggest destinations for families in the Midwest for water sports and general relaxation from the hustle and bustle of their work weeks. Missouri is known as the "Show Me" State and the fine folks of LOTO have gone to the Offshore Powerboat Association (OPA) and said "Show Me some racing!!!" On the weekend of June 6-8, OPA has obliged and will bring their brand of offshore racing to the site known simply as "Lake Race".

"We are excited to be able to come in and be the producer of the Lake Race. Having the opportunity to work with promoter, Alvin Heathman, and his wonderful staff in order to put this together has been a pleasure and we look forward to racing at LOTO", commented Ed Smith (Smitty), President of OPA.

The Lake Race is presented by Mountain Dew and Formula Boats of Missouri. The action kicks off Thursday June 5 with the teams arriving to the race village and the Lake Race Props and Hoses Poker Run, continues with the Lake Race Street Party on the Historic Bagnell Dam Strip on Friday, finishing up with racing on Saturday and Sunday.

“Lake Race” is the 2nd stop on the OPA Racing National circuit. Lake Race schedule will contain 2 days of racing. All classes are schedule to run both days. OPA Racing Class prize purse is $35,000. In additional to the regular class racing, the “Run What you Brung” will be ran which has an additional $40,000 purse that will payout up to 5th place.
For more info on the Lake Race go to www.oparacing.org .

RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG

This class has a $40,000 purse that pays back five places and races for two days with the combined points determining the finishing order. If you own a Canopy Vee or Canopy Cat with 30 plus feet, you are able to compete!
  • 1st Place - $18,000
  • 2nd Place - $10,000
  • 3rd Place - $6,000
  • 4th Place - $4,000
  • 5th Place - $2,000

With the tortoise and the hare style racing, you don’t have to be the fastest to win, you have to be the most reliable for the Saturday and Sunday races!

Old 04-30-2014, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 137 Likes on 64 Posts

That is fantastic news! We will look forward too seeing you all! LOTO is a fantastic race site!
Old 04-30-2014, 02:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Careful what you guy's wish for! We've been known to raise a little hell from time to time.

Last edited by AugiePensa; 04-30-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:47 PM
Registered

Don't know If I can get my Velocity done by then, Have to keep working. May need some help. Should any other OPA Brothers need anything I can help you with here at the Lake of the Ozarks, let me know.
Old 04-30-2014, 02:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

How are you when it comes to The Judge, Police...Mayor?
Old 04-30-2014, 03:24 PM
Registered

No different here than there. Brown bags.....Vig !
Old 04-30-2014, 03:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thank God! Can't wait to get there.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 137 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by AugiePensa View Post
How are you when it comes to The Judge, Police...Mayor?
Just in case.......
http://cisarlawfirm.com
Old 04-30-2014, 07:42 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 199 Likes on 50 Posts

Is this an OPA points race or is it like Biloxi was?
Old 05-01-2014, 12:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TeamSaris View Post
Is this an OPA points race or is it like Biloxi was?
Release states "National".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.