Notices

Atlantic City race details

Old 06-30-2003, 09:47 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atlantic City race details

Hello Race Fans,

The racing season is in full swing and with two successful races under our belt we can now move the race course south to Atlantic City NJ for the third stop of the OPA series which will be held on Sunday July 20th. The last time a race was held in A/C was back in 1988, so the town is rather excited about having boat racing return to their shores.

Do you remember Mac Seelig from the highly successful Harrah's Zubbaz boat that raced in the 90s? Mac has retired his race helmet but has signed on as our Master of Ceremonies for the A/C race. He won't be racing but he's doing everything he can to make our race as successful as possible.

Here's the run down of events. On Saturday July 19th, OPA will host a Celebrity Cannon Ball Run from Brick to A/C. The famous football player Tony Siragusa has signed on to be a big part of the A/C race and he and some of his football friends will be participating in the Cannon Ball run. Tony is also getting fitted for a Suburban sized racing life jacket so he can drive the P3 Bad Boy boat during the race.

The departure point for the Cannon Ball run is Jimmy's Drum Point Marina in Brick NJ. All boats must be at Jimmy's at noon. At that time, all boats will receive their first two Cannon Ball Cards. Now here's the interesting part, once the run starts you can get your boat can get to A/C anyway they like. The first boat to pick up the second set of cards at the Gardeners Basin T dock wins the coveted Golden Goose award. The top few poker hands will receive other highly sought after gifts and prizes.

The rules are; there are no rules. You can trailer the boat down the Parkway, you can run in the ocean or stay in the bay. You can even have a helicopter come and give you and your boat a lift if you like. We even encourage you to build a huge cannon and shoot your boat and crew to A/C if you dare, we just don't care, just get there. However, the boat must be in the water at Gardeners Basin to pick up the second set of cards at the end of the T dock. The final card will be given out at the 7pm party held at the lower deck of Trumps Marina. There is a ramp only a few miles from the T dock card stop in Brigantine, just north of A/C.

The Cannonball Run will follow these time-tested guidelines to ensure a safe event.

(1) Absolutely no alcoholic beverages until the Run is OVER.
(2) All participating poker run boat occupants must wear PFD's
(3) Driver must wear ignition safety switch lanyard(s) while the boat is underway
(4) No sitting on top of the seats or on sunpads when the boat is on plane
(5) Break starts up into groups based on speed
(6) Medical/rescue personnel onboard at least one boat in every group
(7) No passing the Paceboat
(8) Minimum separation of 100' fore-and-aft and 50' side-to-side between boats when on plane
(9) Written instructions/charts handed out by organizer with appropriate speed limit and safety notations.
(10) Strict speed limits in congested areas.

The entry fee for the Cannonball run is $250 per boat. Included with this fee you will receive, 5 tickets to the 7pm party and one poker hand. Additional party tickets are $50 each and additional poker hands are $50 each

At 4pmon Saturday afternoon, the race boat drivers will hold their meeting and then at 6pm will be the volunteer captains meeting, both at the lower deck at Farley State Marina (Trumps).

On the same day Saturday, July 19, Pete Mazzo (Our pace boat captain from No Discipline) has organized an NJPPC sponsored event aimed at helping disabled children in our area. This is a very worthwhile event and we don't want to detract from it in any way. For more information go to: www.shoredreamsforkids.com.

To help the kids, OPA is offering the following. Every member of this email list that participates in Pete's event, will be given a free hand to play in the Cannonball Run. If this hand wins, all winnings will go to the Shore Dreams For Kids Foundation. So if you plan to attend Pete's event just reply to this email and I'll make sure to draw an extra hand in your name. We want to help kids too so you must let me know a few days before Pete's event….not after.

On Sunday July 20th the racing action will start at 1pm in front of the Atlantic City coast. This race will carry a $25,000 purse to be split up between the top three boats in each of the five classes. Each class will have the same payout.

1st Place $3000
2nd Place $1250
3rd Place $750

This race has already received a great deal of attention from the media and the purse has gotten the racers attention. We are looking for this to be THE OPA race of the season.

If you plan to attend the A/C event you'll probably want a slip at the marina. Trump isn't giving us any free slips but they did cut their rate for us. You can get a slip for about $2.50 per foot. If you want a room at Trumps, call 1.800.777.8477 and then use Option 3 to get to OPA room reservations. The number to call about a slip is 1.609.441.8482 We have a block of rooms reserved and once again, The Donald isn't giving anything away but is cutting us a discount. The room rates are $299 for Friday night, $399 for Saturday night and $129 for Sunday night. Not far away is the brand new Borgata hotel www.theborgata.com which has rooms for $249 a night or just go to www.orbitz.com and find a less expensive hotel in the area.

I know some of you have already indicated that you want to attend as a volunteer boat. Even if you have sent in a form before, please do so again. If you indicate that you wish to participate in the Cannonball run, a package will be mailed to you regarding how to register.

See ya at the races,

Ron

I am a volunteer Yes _______ No _________

I want to attend the Cannon Ball Run Yes ________ No _________

Name __________________________ E-mail ___________@__________________

Address____________________ City ________________ St_________ Zip_______

Home Phone________________ Work _________________ Cell _______________

I would like to be a LAND _____ WATER _______Volunteer.

How many years have you been participating in this event? _____________

In past events I have been a (circle all that apply) Ocean Sweep Boat, Turn Boat,

VIP Boat, Medic boat, Dive Boat, River Sweep Boat.

BOAT INFORMATION:

Make ________________ Length _________________ Total HP _______________

Approx. top speed _____________ Type of boat ______________________________

Do you have a VHF ______ Home Port ___________ Do you need a slip ________

I will be able to volunteer my time on:

Sunday Friday July 20th __

Please mail this form back ASAP to: NJ Offshore
241 South Shore Dr.
Toms River NJ 08753

Or Fax it (707) 371-1549

If you're on the Internet, please stop by www.njoffshore.com and join our mailing list on the site.
Attached Thumbnails Atlantic City race details-firewater-1.jpg  
Old 07-01-2003, 06:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Godfather and Bert will be there..............with NO MUD in the Drives???????????????????????????
Old 07-01-2003, 07:31 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

...and we should make it outta the pits!!!

Looks like a great weekend!!

Marty
Old 07-01-2003, 08:46 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Hi Ron:
It is always great to start off a work morning with an e-mail from you about
boat racing. The Firewater Racing Team is gearing up for a hot battle in
Sarasota, Florida this weekend but we are anxiously awaiting our return to
Atlantic City which has always been a great race site in the past. Atlantic
City will be our last race with OPA due to future conflicts with our
national schedule; but, Firewater Racing Team wants to be the first race
team involved with Atlantic City to donate 100% of its' winnings to the
"Shore Dreams For Kids Foundation". You guys continually spend a tremendous
amount of your own time to put on a very successful racing venue. As one of
your top followers, I want to thank you, Kurt and the whole OPA staff for
allowing Firewater to be included in your organization.
Bob
Old 07-01-2003, 03:47 PM
VIP Member

Default Hey Oliver

In the words of the great Jackie Gleason, You are the best dam pursuie, I have ever pursued. I think I speak for all the boyz when I say thankyou to you and your team for the support you have shown to us, during this season. You have been an inspiration to all of us. Team wazzup will follow your lead, our winnings will as well go to the Kids. ED
Old 07-01-2003, 03:59 PM
Registered

Default Re: Hey Oliver

Originally posted by Wazzup Racing
In the words of the great Jackie Gleason, You are the best dam pursuie, I have ever pursued. I think I speak for all the boyz when I say thankyou to you and your team for the support you have shown to us, during this season. You have been an inspiration to all of us. Team wazzup will follow your lead, our winnings will as well go to the Kids. ED
Attached Thumbnails Atlantic City race details-sheriff-justice.jpg  
Old 07-01-2003, 04:55 PM
Registered

randy said you where scared to leave the dock,he rules p-4-- marty and augie
Old 07-01-2003, 05:03 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Oh is wash boy Randy taking chit again?

Marty and Vinny are gonna kick his butt.... right Marty?
Old 07-01-2003, 07:07 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Default Correction/update

If you plan to attend the A/C event you'll probably want a slip at the marina. Trump isn't giving us any free slips but they did cut their rate for us. You can get a slip for $3.00 per foot, which is 25% less than thier usual $4 per foot.. The number to call about a slip is 1 800 876 4386 and mention your with the OPA race to get the discount.

We have a block of rooms reserved and once again, The Donald isn't giving anything away but he is cutting us a discount. The room rates are $299 for Friday night, $399 for Saturday night and $129 for Sunday night. If you want a room at Trumps, call 1.800.777.8477 and then use Option 3 to get to OPA room reservations. Not far away is the brand new Borgata hotel www.theborgata.com which has rooms for $249 a night or just go to www.orbitz.com and find a less expensive hotel in the area.

I know some of you have already indicated that you want to attend as a volunteer boat. Even if you have sent in a form before, please do so again. If you indicate that you wish to participate in the Cannonball run, a package will be mailed to you regarding how to register.
Old 07-02-2003, 04:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Kevin and I will follow the MASTERS, Bob Oliver and crew of Firewater and Smitty and Sticks of Team WAZZUP, The Delicate Sound Of Thunder will Donate 100% of it's winnings from The Atlantic City Offshore Grand Prix July 19 and 20 to" The Shore Dreams For Kids Foundation." Gotta love that Oliver and crew, Bob THANK YOU for being part of our lives. AUGIE, Kevin and The Jersey Boyz.

Quick Reply: Atlantic City race details

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.