Is Unification Possible?

Notices

Is Unification Possible?

Old 01-17-2004, 09:26 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Unification Possible?

I’ve always maintained that total unification of offshore racing is probably not possible unless one group sells out to the other. Nor have I thought that unification was needed for the sport to grow. What is needed within our sport is harmony and respect. Nothing more.

So here’s the deal, we all know this past year’s world Championships were a meaningless cluster Fu*c. I’d like to propose that everyone (APBA, SBI, OSS) work together to bring a jointly sanctioned World Championship to Key West in 2004. Right now SBI has the date set and the permits approved. SBI has already proposed an invitation to APBA and an invite to OSS cannot be far behind. OPA has already accepted the invitation and will race with SBI in Key West so why not everyone else too.

A joint World Championship will crown a true World Champion in all the classes. This year the rulebooks have become very close to being the same so classes should line up nicely. Those are the details to be worked out. If everyone puts the pressure on the sport’s leaders to make this happen, then it can. Make your voice heard and call your sanctioning body if you support this baby step toward unification.

There are forces in place working to make this happen. Please be one of them to bring 200 race boats and 100 poker runners to Key West during November 7 – 14 2004.
Attached Thumbnails Is Unification Possible?-boobgrapgh.jpg  
Old 01-17-2004, 11:09 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Amen to that Brother!!!!!!!!!

DPT

Old 01-18-2004, 11:02 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

I think that's an awesome idea and one that I am hopeful everyone will embrace. However, I wouldn't give up on unification just yet. As we all know, the world of "Offshore" turns in mysterious ways and we never know what might happen next.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:09 AM
Registered

Hmmm....Dave

If I was to be reading between the lines, I would think some really good things may be brewin in the wonderful world of offshore.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:21 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

There are new names and faces involved all the way around (except John) and with fresh faces come fresh ideas and a desire to not repeat the mistakes of the past. This season could be the one. I firmly believe that all the people involved in this have the same basic idea-make offshore better. Hopefully a consensus can be reached by all, and all will benefit.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't think unification is possible long term. Someone will always be around thinking they can do it better. But I think some issues could be addressed by the various Offshore organizations.
1. The schedules could be coordinated to cause as little overlap as possible.
2. The rules could be somewhat more standardarized, not necessarily identical.
3. The various organizations could honor each others equipment and membership fees. An east coast team could conceivably pay fees to APBA, SBI, OSS, GLOPRA, and OPA. Better yet, do away with the equipment fees altogether and recover the lost revenue by increasing entry fees. That way racers would pay as they go.

My .02
Old 01-18-2004, 08:21 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Baby steps.... Just the worlds, the rest is too much to ask for.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:13 AM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Cool

I have to agree with Ron P. and that being lets just all start by only having one and I repeat 1 World Championship in KeyWest for all the sanctioning bodies to come and compete in for. It is by far the right step in the right direction for everyone to do.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Racer
Racer

Old 02-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
Talk about a blast from the past!!

Quick Reply: Is Unification Possible?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.