Notices

Outerlimit guys

Old 07-05-2005, 10:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Outerlimit guys

Originally Posted by Sean H
i have watched a couple of vid's from the NYC poker run and all i see are skaters and OL's running up front, no fountains..
Fountains seem to be a dying breed in this area. There used to be alot of them around. Seems people are either going for heavier rough water boats or if they want the speed the go to the cat.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys remember me. The crazy that started this mes. Now that I got someone on my side ha ha. I could probably start the pissing match again but Im not.

Wes176- They do give us the guilt trip and make us sound like rude *******s. Mainly because they just have nothing to argue back with. Simple car comparison:
Lamborgini=OL
Ferri= Cig
Corvette=Fountain
We know who wins races and will soon dominate the pokerrun circut with all their new custom stuff comming out, they are late getting into the pokerrun scene. But yes we all know that the others are more exotic and will cross the street to look out, The OLs.

Anyway how is everyone else doin. Hope you all had a happy 4th. And yes nomatter what you got I hope you were havin fun out on your boats.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:08 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Wow, haven't read this in a while. whewww......

They're both good boats, just one is built better than the other.

I saw a 47 Fountain at the AC boatshow this year. Not for nothing but they should call Fountains "Resin Buckets". The glass work in the engine compartment was sloppy to say the least. I think someone dumped a bucket of resin in the bilge and forgot to clean it up. I've never seen an OL that didn't have an excellent glass job.

I've been on both and worked on both, my vote goes for the OL for both ride quality (don't need new kidneys) and build quality.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:42 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Talking Re: Outerlimit guys

Originally Posted by Lucididee
So then, is a fountain race hull a true fountain? (Mind you their new poker run boat is sweet.)
!
The Poker Run Fountain I heard was a cut-down, low profile boat....

I know I have not built boats in years, but I certainly had other ways of cutting down the deck height.

Originally Posted by [email protected]
NOTHING HANDEL'S THE WATER LIKE A FOUNTAIN, BOTTOM LINE.
They just don't fair so well out of the water...

Wes, If all you came here to do is put down the OL, you're barking up the wrong tree......

It's a tough crowd here....

I heard about bears taking a $hit in the woods, but a Fountain?
Attached Thumbnails Outerlimit guys-fountainwoods.jpg  

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Registered

outerlimits rules end of story
Old 07-09-2005, 12:40 AM
Registered

Im happy my new comments didnt make anyone mad. Ols are wonderful amazing piece. So on a scorecard it might be like this. Racing goes to Fountain. Fit and Finish goes to OL. But in both they are close. I think OL should race more boats, and I think Fountain should make there boats a little more custom and make less boats. But oh well who cares, bottom line is that if you have either a Fountain or an OL you are doin something right to me it means success, I mean both boats kick ass they are just focus in different areas.
Old 07-09-2005, 08:40 PM
Registered

I don't think you understand. Fountain doesn't belong in the same breathe with OL. The only thing they have in common is that they both float.
Old 07-10-2005, 09:57 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This FTN/OL thing is crazy. Just like the FTN/Cig thing. All of these boats are diff animals. Run a Fountain in "normal"conditions and the boats will most likely run the fastest. In heavy water the OL or Cig will eat the Fountain. Designed for diff purposes.

As far as quality, the boats are very equal. I have cralwed around "no-see" spaces in Cig's and they have their issues. The premiums paid for the OL's has to do with finish, which takes more man hours (=$$$$$) and customization options.

How about everyone just enjoy their boats and the sport. As you all know, we have enough problems for now.

My .02
Old 07-10-2005, 04:08 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Outerlimit guys

Originally Posted by buyafountain.com

How about everyone just enjoy their boats and the sport. As you all know, we have enough problems for now.
Now that is probably the best line I have read lately on this board!

I second that!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 07-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Registered

Sonicdriver-

Put down the crack pipe please!

Quick Reply: Outerlimit guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.