Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Outerlimits
Layoffs at the Outerlimits Factory!! >

Layoffs at the Outerlimits Factory!!

Notices

Layoffs at the Outerlimits Factory!!

Old 07-22-2008, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Layoffs at the Outerlimits Factory!!

Whats up at the Outerlimits factory?? My sources up north have told me of approx 10 people getting let go a few months ago, and another 10 to 15 getting the Axe this last week. I know that Jason (Head service guy and leader of the Polker run support team), along with his right hand man, "Big Stevie" had left and started his own "Premiere boat service" for select Outerlimits customers in the florida area, so whos running things up there now? The shop only supported about 75 workers, and to let 25 (one third of the work force) can't be a good sign. Anybody got any other feedback about this?
Old 07-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 151 Likes on 18 Posts

Old 07-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

I cant imagine that they are building near as many boats as they were.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

It's the sign of the times..Like all corps. they are just leaning out..Unfortunatly sometimes you lose some of your key players. Mike's smart enough to know how to make it work and the end out product will even get better.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:34 PM

Default layoffs

I wouldn't be too sure....Outerlimits prided themselves on their workers as the ones who made the superior product.....if you loose the superior workers, all you got left is Bayliners!!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 882 Likes on 478 Posts

They only intended to build 24-30 boats a year and despite their rich clientele they must not have the demand they once did. The other thing working against them is that 3 years ago there were not too many used OL's available but now there are plenty to choose from both new and used to choose from.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by racer711
Whats up at the Outerlimits factory?? My sources up north have told me of approx 10 people getting let go a few months ago, and another 10 to 15 getting the Axe this last week. I know that Jason (Head service guy and leader of the Polker run support team), along with his right hand man, "Big Stevie" had left and started his own "Premiere boat service" for select Outerlimits customers in the florida area, so whos running things up there now? The shop only supported about 75 workers, and to let 25 (one third of the work force) can't be a good sign. Anybody got any other feedback about this?
Outerlimits is doing just fine. The economy has been hard on everybody and this is just the start of it. Many companies are preparing for a slow winter and are adjusting staff levels to follow demands. Fountain's shares are hovering at $1 and they've had lay offs, same as Brunswick and a bunch of other mfg's. If you read the info posted by Brunswick, Mercury and Fountain, you'll see that new boat sales are down. This is effecting everybody to some degree.

Also, Outerlimits employee's more than 75, in fact, they employ over 100. They still, and will continue to keep their key personnal.

Thanks,
Dustin
Old 07-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
They only intended to build 24-30 boats a year and despite their rich clientele they must not have the demand they once did. The other thing working against them is that 3 years ago there were not too many used OL's available but now there are plenty to choose from both new and used to choose from.
Actually, I think what really effects boat sales such as OL, Skater, Nor-Tech, MTI, etc. is used boat sales. Many trade in their current boat and bought a new boat, some every 2-3 years, but with the economy as is, some are keeping there boats because they're getting very little trade in value. Most of the dealers that deal with these boats already have huge inventories. OL still have plenty of new boat sales and a very good crew. OL's service center has some of the best in the business.

Thanks
Old 07-23-2008, 06:42 PM

Default layoffs

You seem very well informed, can you tell me why Nate, who was the shop floor manager for many years, then put in charge of the "cat" project, was one of those who got his "pink" slip?? and there was an older gentleman who had over 12 years service with OL, and only 6 months to go before retirement, also axed?? ....now where's a 65 year old fiberglass worker gonna get a job to fulfill his retirement requirements?? Sounds like a clear cut case of "all for me and f#@k everyone else!!!"
Old 07-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you know of any toolers or plug makes that need work PM me. We are hiring. OL builds a great product!

Quick Reply: Layoffs at the Outerlimits Factory!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.