Does anyone no anything about this Stiletto >

Does anyone no anything about this Stiletto

Notices

Does anyone no anything about this Stiletto

Old 07-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JMS322
He can contact me if he is serious about selling, only sounded like he was thinking of selling. Still not sure if a Stiletto is the right boat for me. I have had mixed reports. I haven't riden on one. Compared to a TG/TS how does it ride ?

All of our boating is done at LOTO, I need something to handle the weekend washing machine. Top speed not a huge issue, 80-85 top speed suits me fine. Something reliable with small blue motors up to 575. I was really leaning toward an early TG/TS, but the wife would prefer something with a little taller cabin, probably easier for me too since I'm 6'7", but I still like the TG/TS. 6 years ago we went from a 300 Sundancer to our Baja 322. I love the boat, but it's time to move up. I also see lots of buys on 42 Fountains, but I look stupid driving them, freeboard is to low. I stick up a mile over the windscreen. The search goes on.
It's all about what suits you. We boat in a washing macine too! In my opinion the setup is better than a Cig eventhough I am not an OL fan! I don't do the middle man thing so email me and I'll either send you his # or give him yours. Hope you find what you want, I did and love it!

[email protected]
Old 07-10-2010, 11:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a 37, they ride hard....they take the water well but it's a rough ride...if it's light chop, or lake then I'd do it in a heartbeat, but In my personal opinion and experience...the single step was a rough riding boat...much like the first cigs with steps..
Old 07-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Its an outerlimits boat.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry, didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. I may be a new poster on OSO but I asked a legit question. I have been lurking on here for years, spend most of my time on other sites. Never really felt welcome here, since I currently own a Baja 322 and seems that people on here tend to snub Baja owners. I am now looking to move up and I am seriously looking for info on this boat. I can't seem to find the thread you are talking about. I know it needs complete interior and covers, but what other info can someone tell me.
You didn't...I used smile faces as a joke..if you were on here a little more you might know that, it was not directed at you personally.. I saw 2 of your posts and first one in 05...I also thought it was the thread that Stormrider posted..
I could be wrong so do not quote me. The boat you posted was just freshly painted, I remember calling on it months ago..if I am correct the guy is in realestate or construction... As to your Baja question..who cares what you drive..your on the water...
Old 07-11-2010, 02:37 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Maybe a 38 or 39 nortech would suit you better?
Old 07-11-2010, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

I want this to be a cash deal so whatever I buy I'm trying to stay in the 125K range. So I think the Nortech would be above my budget. I'm trying to find the best ride at LOTO in a 37-39' boat that's about as big as I can get in my slip. Otherwise I'd have to buy another condo with bigger slip and a new lift. I also don't want to buy a boat that needs a total rehab. Just need to be patient and keep looking, as of right now I'm still not boatless.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Registered

I want this to be a cash deal so whatever I buy I'm trying to stay in the 125K range. So I think the Nortech would be above my budget. I'm trying to find the best ride at LOTO in a 37-39' boat that's about as big as I can get in my slip. Otherwise I'd have to buy another condo with bigger slip and a new lift. I also don't want to buy a boat that needs a total rehab. Just need to be patient and keep looking, as of right now I'm still not boatless.
There is a 2001 37 Stiletto that just showed up in the classifieds that sounds like the boat you are looking for. It has 575 Mercs just freshened and fresh drives. The boat looks like it has been well taken care of and the asking price is $135k. It is Ad # 9. I have owned 2 37s and you would be very happy with that boat on LOTO. Good luck.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by madhatter42
Had a 37, they ride hard....they take the water well but it's a rough ride...if it's light chop, or lake then I'd do it in a heartbeat, but In my personal opinion and experience...the single step was a rough riding boat...much like the first cigs with steps..
I owned a 1998 37 OuterLimits Stiletto (back in the day), side by side bravos, Stelling boxes, upgraded to 860+ or so per side, 114mph best ever speed, hull #24.

I thought and still think it is one of the best V-bottoms EVER, and I lived & ran off the NJ shore. It was a wave crusher and I though it was a very good riding boat.

I also rode in a tripple 37, alot of stern weight, ran nothing like the twin 37.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Registered

I just got in trouble for not being an OL fan! Ya really have to look at the one I mentioned...
Old 07-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Amazing... the guy asks a question and right off the bat nothing but jackass's ... good luck with ur search they are an awesome boat I hope to have one someday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.