Notices

39 Quattro

Old 12-16-2010, 04:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 50 Likes on 15 Posts
Default 39 Quattro

39 On Ebay,Anyone know the boat? It seems to be cheap,or at the very least a motivated seller. I really like the boat but not the XR's. The seller shows some peeling clear coat,is this a problem on the older OL? or just the Florida sun. Either way I am very interested and would like some input on the 39's ride. I am looking for a little more speed than my 382 Fastech but don't want to give up too much rough water ride. And I don't want to modify my boat and kill the resale. I have always liked the OL and the fact that they are local to me makes it even better. If I ask nice maybe Mike and the boys will convert it to 6"s or NXT's for a local guy>Thanks Jeff
Old 12-16-2010, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been watching that boat since it hit eBay and am curious to hear the story behind it. You're right, the XR's aren't a strong selling point. It should ride just as well as your 382 I would think. I'm sure Fred will chime in...
Old 12-16-2010, 07:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It will ride better that your 382 is just a different feel being a light bigger epoxy boat. If your good on the throttles the drives should last a good bit. If I remember the pics its paint chipping, not the clear. Clear peeling is not a problem on Outerlimits. The 39's with 600's run right at 100 and a little more every now and then. Let myself or Animalhouse know if you need any more info on the 39's. You were a slip away from us at the Fairhaven run this year after you come through the rough ****!!

Dan
Old 12-17-2010, 06:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 50 Likes on 15 Posts

Yes Dan that was us in Fairhaven. So you understand why I need a good rough water boat.With our short season and my business,I try to squeeze every ride in I can. Unless we have little ones or timid women on board we never turn back! But hey I'm Polish! If your interested,I have a bunch of cool shots of Tsunami from Bordan Light and Fairhaven the last few years. Just PM your email. The ebay item # for the 39 is 150528792497. How much work would be involved to change to NXT's? Would the rear motor have to be moved forward? Has anyone put Arneson's on a 39?
Thanks for your help,Jeff
Old 12-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BONDO10 View Post
Yes Dan that was us in Fairhaven. So you understand why I need a good rough water boat.With our short season and my business,I try to squeeze every ride in I can. Unless we have little ones or timid women on board we never turn back! But hey I'm Polish! If your interested,I have a bunch of cool shots of Tsunami from Bordan Light and Fairhaven the last few years. Just PM your email. The ebay item # for the 39 is 150528792497. How much work would be involved to change to NXT's? Would the rear motor have to be moved forward? Has anyone put Arneson's on a 39?
I like your thinking! Installing the Arnesons would not be a real difficult job and they certainly would cost less than the other options.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BONDO10 View Post
There are no 39's with Arnesons on them.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm View Post
There are no 39's with Arnesons on them.
Yet
Old 12-17-2010, 05:03 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim Haskell owned it new. From Jersey. He traded it for a cat i believe. It went to fastboats and then to canada.The paint has been changed some. (check it out on fastboats.com) The blatter fuel tank concerns me a bit. big job to fix
Old 12-17-2010, 09:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by fastoys View Post
Jim Haskell owned it new. From Jersey. He traded it for a cat i believe. It went to fastboats and then to canada.The paint has been changed some. (check it out on fastboats.com) The blatter fuel tank concerns me a bit. big job to fix
Jim had his then sold it for a new Nor-Tech cat then sold that and now has another 39OL with 700's that he loves. The current owner did change the paint and got rid of the red.

Last edited by OL40SVX; 12-17-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 10:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

For some reason someone painted the sportmaster lowers black as well. It was not like that when Haskell owned it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.