Rubix Cube 3 Stage Water Pumps

Notices

Rubix Cube 3 Stage Water Pumps

Old 07-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
Let me tell you what really blows... Go down to EB's and see my junk that cracked the header and added the exhaust valve to my oil pan via a piston! All we can figure is the header cracked when it got a little hot in Jacksonville and after running it another 8-10 hrs it went boom in KY a couple weeks ago...
Man I hate that Chad. Damn! Meanstreak told me that you had an issue but I didn't know that it was that bad. Years ago I dropped a valve at WOT and after it demolished the piston, a piece of the valve got between the piston and the cylinder wall and split the block from the head to the oil pan. I did it racing a cigarette almost at downtown Chattanooga. We had launched at Ditto Landing in Huntsville Alabama. I was about a 150 miles from the truck and trailer. Let me know if there is anyway I can help. I feel your pain. I've been there.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by links
Send me some pix of your boat. [email protected]
Will do. It will be later this weekend.
Old 07-13-2012, 06:21 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SLOWRIDE-388
We rebuild every season too. They don't like to sit over the winter. Just a lil preventive maintenance. Easier then changing on the dock or while on the water.

See you at the Shootout!
Agreed. I hope we get to see you guys and Gary soon. We are coming if my wife feels like it when the time comes.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Man I hate that Chad. Damn! Meanstreak told me that you had an issue but I didn't know that it was that bad. Years ago I dropped a valve at WOT and after it demolished the piston, a piece of the valve got between the piston and the cylinder wall and split the block from the head to the oil pan. I did it racing a cigarette almost at downtown Chattanooga. We had launched at Ditto Landing in Huntsville Alabama. I was about a 150 miles from the truck and trailer. Let me know if there is anyway I can help. I feel your pain. I've been there.
If you really want to help send him a check for $20k. That will help get things all patched up in a hurry.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
If you really want to help send him a check for $20k. That will help get things all patched up in a hurry.
brother $20k would barely make a dent... It might buy another set of headers!
Old 07-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Registered

brother $20k would barely make a dent... It might buy another set of headers!
Not sure where you are buying your headers but a set is not anywhere near $20k.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Not sure where you are buying your headers but a set is not anywhere near $20k.
not worried about the headers but I am talking about a set of rebuilt SCi's along with a set of headers and since I found a set of big tube CMI's with about 20 hours for a much reduced price... I had to have a new set of tails made so yes... 20k won't make a dent!

the leak in the header reverted water into the exhaust port shattering the stem of the valve and letting it rattle around and finally depositing it in the oil pan... kinda made a mess!
Old 07-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Registered

not worried about the headers but I am talking about a set of rebuilt SCi's along with a set of headers and since I found a set of big tube CMI's with about 20 hours for a much reduced price... I had to have a new set of tails made so yes... 20k won't make a dent!

the leak in the header reverted water into the exhaust port shattering the stem of the valve and letting it rattle around and finally depositing it in the oil pan... kinda made a mess!
Now I get the rest of the picture. Sounds like you will be down for the rest of the summer. Bummer!!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 02:44 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Now I get the rest of the picture. Sounds like you will be down for the rest of the summer. Bummer!!!!
Nope... Hopefully the new ones will be here today. Found a set of new rebuilt 850 SCi's at Cobra Power and should be back in the water by the weekend! He took my old motors on trade and it actually worked out great... Couldn't be happier.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Registered

Nope... Hopefully the new ones will be here today. Found a set of new rebuilt 850 SCi's at Cobra Power and should be back in the water by the weekend! He took my old motors on trade and it actually worked out great... Couldn't be happier.
Hard to complain about that. At least you now know what you have with the replacement motors. Enjoy the rest of the season. I have always liked that MTI.