Rubix Cube 3 Stage Water Pumps

Notices

Rubix Cube 3 Stage Water Pumps

Old 05-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubix Cube 3 Stage Water Pumps

I just rebuilt both of mine including wear plates, orings and impellers. What a pain in the azz. You have to get your mouth right and then turn into a contortionist to get them on and off. At least they are done with all new parts ready to go boating.
Attached Thumbnails Rubix Cube 3 Stage Water Pumps-imag1020.jpg   Rubix Cube 3 Stage Water Pumps-imag1021.jpg  
Old 05-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thunderusone
I just rebuilt both of mine including wear plates, orings and impellers. What a pain in the azz. You have to get your mouth right and then turn into a contortionist to get them on and off. At least they are done with all new parts ready to go boating.
Are you ever going to put that thing in the water.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Registered
VIP Member

We are out right now!!!! First time this year. We didn't go out last year at all due to my wife's health. Boat is running like a bat outta Hell!!
Old 05-30-2012, 10:26 AM
Registered
VIP Member

I spun the shaft bearing in Jacksonville on mine and its sitting on EB's work bench right now. Going to get them both rebuilt while I'm at it and need a section on housing I think where the bearing took a crap. Check on a new one... Dealer cost is $2200 and rebuilt pumps are like $1300!
Old 05-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by gofastlvr
I spun the shaft bearing in Jacksonville on mine and its sitting on EB's work bench right now. Going to get them both rebuilt while I'm at it and need a section on housing I think where the bearing took a crap. Check on a new one... Dealer cost is $2200 and rebuilt pumps are like $1300!
That BLOWS! I'm sorry to hear that Chad. I go through mine every season myself. I changed everything this time, orings, wear plates, impellers, etc, etc. The hardest thing with mine is getting the one off of my forward motor. It literally touches the forward bulkhead. I changed a Bam dry sump tranny in the Holiday Inn parking lot in Destin two years ago and I swear it was easier than getting that one pump on and off.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Registered
VIP Member

That BLOWS! I'm sorry to hear that Chad. I go through mine every season myself. I changed everything this time, orings, wear plates, impellers, etc, etc. The hardest thing with mine is getting the one off of my forward motor. It literally touches the forward bulkhead. I changed a Bam dry sump tranny in the Holiday Inn parking lot in Destin two years ago and I swear it was easier than getting that one pump on and off.
Let me tell you what really blows... Go down to EB's and see my junk that cracked the header and added the exhaust valve to my oil pan via a piston! All we can figure is the header cracked when it got a little hot in Jacksonville and after running it another 8-10 hrs it went boom in KY a couple weeks ago...
Old 07-12-2012, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Let me tell you what really blows... Go down to EB's and see my junk that cracked the header and added the exhaust valve to my oil pan via a piston! All we can figure is the header cracked when it got a little hot in Jacksonville and after running it another 8-10 hrs it went boom in KY a couple weeks ago...
Damn, sorry to hear that the first season out with the new ride. Sweet boat by the way.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:36 AM
Registered

I hate FOD in my oil pan, makes me cranky. I pressure test headers each oil change.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Registered

Send me some pix of your boat. [email protected]
Old 07-13-2012, 04:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

We rebuild every season too. They don't like to sit over the winter. Just a lil preventive maintenance. Easier then changing on the dock or while on the water.

See you at the Shootout!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.