Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Oops, I forgot to go to work yesterday... >

Oops, I forgot to go to work yesterday...

Notices

Oops, I forgot to go to work yesterday...

Old 04-28-2007, 03:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet!
Tomas, lost in translation bud!

"Put 'em on the trailer" is a drag racing expression. When you beat a guy he goes home. So he packs his stuff on the trailer and leaves. You get to keep racing. I was wishing you sucess in whipping Mange's Arrow with that bad azz, blown, potato chip of yours! (You've got the super light 28 right?)

As my father always says... Thank god I'm not as dumb as I look!
Ooops, sorry... That one's on me! Hahaha

Of course am I going to put Manges Arrow on the trailer!
Old 04-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Registered

Oh Dude I'm so jealous as well. That boat does look awesome!!! I should be in the water in a few weeks and then I can finally put my two cents in on how these things really perform in the rough water.

What kind of speeds are you seeing with the boat and is there anything different with your boat? Like a notched transom or anything like that?

Looks great keep the pics coming! Oh and one other thing did the boat pick up any speed with the headers over the manifolds. My friend has a similar motor package and was just wondering if it was worth the price difference? I know others on here think that stainless marine exhaust manifolds are better than headers depending on their application so I was just curious what the real difference was?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-28-2007, 01:09 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

I installed the CMI's and they did not increase performance over the Gils. It does have a notched transom. In talking to Jo and others, the notch really does not do much until you get into 80's, especially on a full pleasure boat. In fresh water it would run in the upper 60's depending on load and conditions. The newer hulls are a little faster also.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
The newer hulls are a little faster also.
How much newer and faster?
Old 04-29-2007, 03:33 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Its hard to tell because boat and power differences. There is up to 10% variance in the HP of stock Merc engines.

Vonbongo's/Cattitudes 2003 boat ran about 74 with Jo driving with a 575SCI
Jo said he ran mine (1996) and remembered it running 66 with a 525SC.
The power difference should equal 3-4mph. So the newer hull would be 4-5 mph faster. There are other differences between the boats also though. Its just hard to compare apples to apples.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 410 Likes on 183 Posts

Griff what did they change on the hull?
Old 04-29-2007, 11:25 AM
Registered

I saw just a couple of ticks under 67 (gps) on Monday with 4 adults and a heavy fuel load (100ish gallons) on board. But I didn't have much time to monkey with the trim and didn't want to run it too had for too long with 3 passengers.

I'm curious, would a 5 blade prop and shorter spacer see more speed while maintaining a good cruise rpm? (Don't know much about that sort of stuff so I'll apologize in advance it its a dumb question.)
Old 04-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

I thought about putting the 2" spacer back on and trying a 5 blade. My thought was the 5 blade would probably give too much stern lift.

I don't know what they changed, if anything. Maybe just a new mold with slight differences. All the 28 singles say they weigh 5200lbs. I'm thinking the older ones were a little heavier.

I'm also guessing that the hp on my boat is 550-575. The cam was upgraded and the boost is turned up.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:02 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How big is the notch? Do you have any close pictures of the transom? It is terriffic that you can raise the drive by removing a spacer if you need to.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

If I remember right, the notch is about 10"x10". It had a 2" in spacer from the factory and that put the propshaft about about 3.5 inches below the bottom. I actually put a 3" on after discussing with Jo about how to get some more bow lift.

This pic shows the notch the best.
Attached Thumbnails Oops, I forgot to go to work yesterday...-pantera-transom.jpg  

Quick Reply: Oops, I forgot to go to work yesterday...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.