Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Does anybody know the '91 24SE from CT currently on boattrader? >

Does anybody know the '91 24SE from CT currently on boattrader?

Notices

Does anybody know the '91 24SE from CT currently on boattrader?

Old 09-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys.

Jay: Your boat looks great. I know there are other guys focused on Supers, I'm suprised you aren't getting any hits.

Storm: I agree. I found a couple of old pics of the NJ boat in the water. The graphics look a little crazy when the boat is on land, but on the water it looks badass.

The econ in MI is swirling down the toilet, but the GM strike ended today. I'm waiting to see where I stand (salaried) before forking out cash / taking on a loan. Houses aren't selling for crap, so no impulse buys!!
Old 09-26-2007, 08:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
There's a 27activator w/ twin obs for sale.
This might be a better choice if you want twin outboards.
Most I've talked to say that the narrow 24s handle much better as singles.
Old 09-26-2007, 09:05 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

SD, check this thread...
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=164736
Old 09-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Registered

Pat: I've heard the same thing, the 24 twins aren't as nimble turning while under way.

Storm: I saw that thread, and the thread on the red and white one that's for sale in your area. I don't know anything about Activators, I'll have to do some research.

I ended up in this forum because I haven't found any negative comments on 24 Panteras or Superboats, other than people wanting to upgrade to a bigger boat. I don't know of any other motorized vehicle where you can go on an internet forum and drill back 4 years without finding a single negative thread.

On top of that, there's an older, brown Pantera in the canal where I keep my waverunners. I haven't had a chance to talk to the guy, but I've seen that boat hauling the mail a couple times on Lake St Clair. It was enough to think, "I need one of those."
Old 09-27-2007, 12:49 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

sd, if you are serious to be in one, call Jo/Pepe at the factory.
They know of ones that are not advertised.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SkinnyDan
Storm: I saw that thread, and the thread on the red and white one that's for sale in your area. I don't know anything about Activators, I'll have to do some research.
That is a good looking boat, and Activators are nice boats. However there are some "quirky" things about how that one is setup.

The boat has 15" mids with 5" extension kits??? Why not just put 20" midsections on it?

Plus, there is no tie-bar between the motors. (At least I can't see one in the pics. If there was, the skirts would be cut which I also can't see that they are.)

The steering is a front ram setup, which in my opinion (my opinion only ) is not sufficient for a 27' twin engine offshore boat.

These were a few of my observations, which could be part of the reason he's having a tough time selling it. (Plus the market is real slow.) If it were mine I'd want to see 20" midsections, side ram hydraulic steering with wingplates and a stainless tie-bar.

And isn't the 27 Activator still a 7' beam? I don't know how much you really gain over a 24' Pantera???

Skinny, good luck in your search. The 24' Pantera is a great boat. We love ours, and the only reason, I'd think about selling it, is to go bigger.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by SkinnyDan
Thanks for all the info.

Texoma: The twin OB in california looked real nice with good running gear. I checked yesterday and the boattrader ad is gone. I e-mailed a couple weeks ago with no response. I would have called on it, but I wouldn't have been able to make it out west to check it out. Maybe I can squeeze a short trip to the east coast.

I'm leaning towards outboards due the safety of having 2 engines on the great lakes. It sucks when you can't see land and your single engine starts acting up.

Looks like that pantera made it back up on boattrader
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/8/90326858.htm

The 28 racer has also dropped from $35 to $31K.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:27 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Tex, not to take it off topic, but here's a new 28 listed.
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/0/90262300.htm

And wow, 31k for sonic boom!!! oye, my achin' head.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Registered

Man you guys are so fanatical, I should fit in quite well here

I took Stormrider's advice and got a hold of Jo, learned a lot from a 20 min phone call.

Tex: I wonder if a deal fell through, I think it was unlisted for about a week.

I spent some time in the Activator forum. They are good looking boats, but I think I've got Green Eye Fever.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Tex, not to take it off topic, but here's a new 28 listed.
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/0/90262300.htm

And wow, 31k for sonic boom!!! oye, my achin' head.
Yeah buddy. You might be a pantera guy if seeing a new listing makes your day.

I made another offer on that pantera in dallas, but he's not ready to take it on the chin. I think I thought too hard about the 28 apache just listed, I read that somebody already bought it. Maybe there are just some other forces at play that want me to buy a 28 pantera instead........

Quick Reply: Does anybody know the '91 24SE from CT currently on boattrader?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.