Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Does anybody know the '91 24SE from CT currently on boattrader? >

Does anybody know the '91 24SE from CT currently on boattrader?

Notices

Does anybody know the '91 24SE from CT currently on boattrader?

Old 09-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody know the '91 24SE from CT currently on boattrader?

Hello,

I've been lurking the classifieds here on OSO and watching boattrader for a nice priced 24. There's a '91 SE in Fenwick, CT listed for $19,900. Sorry, there's no ad detail to link to. Here's the description:

1991 PANTERA SE 1991 PANTERA 24SE 502/500HP,BRAVO I DRIVE,K-PLANES,DRIVE SHOWER,4 BLADE BRAVO I,ZERO EFFORT CONTROLS,PORTA POTTI, MSD,HYDRAULC STEERING,STEREO CD,SWIM PLATFORM, 1999 TRAILER, NEW TIRES AND BRAKES

It seems like a decent price if it's in good shape. The owner sent me some pictures, I'm not sure if he is a member here or not. From the pictures it looks good enough to go check out.

I was also watching the 2000 twin outboard in NJ. I know it's set up to run, but $39k seems a little steep for a carpeted sport cabin and no trailer.

Essentially I've got a little bit of range for age and cost as long as the boat is priced right for what it is.

Thanks for any input,

Dan
Old 09-24-2007, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

That boat is mentioned on page 4 of this thread http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...=161630&page=4

OSO member Pat McPherson knows the boat.

There is also a 1994 24 SE with twin OB's in CA. Looks like brand new. The guy wants $24K. It may have been sold. Both boats look like a great deal.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did see the boat a couple of months ago for sale at a dealer in Old Saybrook.
She was kept in the water for a couple of seasons at a marina in Deep River, CT on the CT River. I vary rarely saw her used though.
Seem like a good deal to me.
Fullthrottle525 knows Bill the owner and can put you in touch. I've only met Bill once or twice.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:43 PM
Registered

I Ran Into Bill Wife Yesterday. The Boat Is In Old Saybrook Across From Pats Kountry Kitchen.
Peter
Old 09-25-2007, 07:57 AM
Registered

Thanks for all the info.

Texoma: The twin OB in california looked real nice with good running gear. I checked yesterday and the boattrader ad is gone. I e-mailed a couple weeks ago with no response. I would have called on it, but I wouldn't have been able to make it out west to check it out. Maybe I can squeeze a short trip to the east coast.

I'm leaning towards outboards due the safety of having 2 engines on the great lakes. It sucks when you can't see land and your single engine starts acting up.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:07 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

SD, what are your parameters on your purchase?
Old 09-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hey Madison:

Went to OP today to have FT looked at. Hope to get it back for the LG poker run. Hope OP leaves a little left in my pocket so I can afford to buy the Pantera guys a Beer
Old 09-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Registered

Stormrider,

My usage will be in Lake St Clair, Erie, and Huron. Fun runs and cruising to the different spots.

Looking for a 24' Pantera, I've been watching the Superboats also.

General: I'm not looking for a project, I'm after something that I can start using next spring. I can do my own work minus building a shortblock and painting, so I can maintain a boat but don't want to start off with more wrenchtime than playtime.

Price: 20-30k. I haven't figured out my hard cap, but it's definitely less than 40k.
Cabin: Don't need a pleasure cabin, but wouldn't mind one.
Power: As I said above, I like the twin O/Bs. If I get an I/O, I'd want it to be reliable. I'd shy away from a high strung engine and lean towards something more "stock."

All of the ads for panteras that I've seen have had good hardware, gauges, and rigging so that shouldn't be a problem.

Ideal timing for me to buy would be next spring, but I'll keep my eyes open this winter. I'm shopping marinas, my plan is to use rack storage on lake st clair.

Did I miss anything? Thanks for the help!!

-Dan
Old 09-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Registered

Definitely check out the Superboats as well. There are some good ones in the classifieds right now Pantera or Super you can't go wrong.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:14 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

There's a 27activator w/ twin obs for sale.
And there is an older one that will be getting redone this winter... check the activator forum.
And i'd check w/ that twin ob 24 pantera in NJ. He's asking alot, but my take alot less. It's worth forkin out $ now for something done, than paying later for fixing and not being out there.

Quick Reply: Does anybody know the '91 24SE from CT currently on boattrader?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.