Pantera and looking >

Pantera and looking

Notices

Pantera and looking

Old 09-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pantera and looking

Hello all. I am new to the site when I seen the pantera section I had join up. With that said I currently do not own a boat. But I do want a pantera. I like the 28 single. Kinda like the one in the classified section on here. But before I buy I want to learn as much as possible about the boat. I am looking to buy with in a year. I have some debts and bills that i'm working paying off to make room for the boat.
I want honest opinions on how a 28 handles. do they chine walk? I live in michigan and will spend a majority of the time on Lake St.Clair. But have the option to get on bigger lakes around the state.
Any links would be appreciated too. I have read a majority of the posts and threads here since coming here, and from what I've gathered so far you guys love these boats.
You will here lots from me as I will always be asking you guys questions. Feel free to ask me anything I would like to get to know you good too.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:56 PM
Registered

Welcome. The boats are awesome in every respect. Good luck!
Old 09-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Banned
Gold Member

88 MPH so far and straight as an arrow. Zero chine walk. I can let go of the wheel honestly at 80.

You'll be fine in any water with this boat. Ask away. Feel free to email me anytime about this boat!

[email protected]

Kirk
Old 09-25-2007, 02:16 PM
Registered

Welcome aboard! I have a 28 with twins but, if there is anything I can do to help, Please let me know. Also, as stated above.... The boats are awesome!!
Old 09-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to the site larrs.
Yeah, I caught the Pantera bug a few years ago, and finally bought a 24' this summer. The one I bought happened to be owned by three different members on this site, Ironman, Dude! Sweet! and NickK.
I watched the transactions on the board, and each time I was kicking myself that I hadn't jumped on it. As soon as I saw Nick was selling I was on the phone with him, and purchased it within a few hours site unseen.
The first thing you need to do is get a paying membership here. That way you can see all the pictures.
Alot of deals can take place before there is an ad placed in the classifieds - keep your eye's on this section (Pantera).
I wished I was shopping for a 28, but at this point in time the 24' fits my budget.
Lake St. Clair is good water, and depending whereabout on the lake, it can be an easy run down to Erie (PIB, Kelley's, Cedar Point) for a nice few days.
Good luck in your search.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

I definally love mine.
Panteras are not going to be the fastest hull out there, but they can cut thru some serious slop and not even slow down.
This boat has more capacity for big water than I do.

Somebody hook him up with a link to the "best 28-30 off shore boat poll"
Old 09-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Registered

Larrs, that's kinda funny, I'm in the same situation as you almost exactly. I mean down to using it on Lake St Clair and time frame, etc. Weird.

The Pantera 28 has been moving towards the top of my list as well for great boat, right size, right price.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Registered

I loved my 28. I bet if those guys in that movie "The Perfect Storm" had a 28 Pantera they would of been joy riding!, All jokes aside a very awesome and friendly boat.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Registered

Well, I found on panteraboats.com that the 2007 28 sport is what I am looking for. Very sweet looking. I am afraid to call and ask for a price with all the options lol! I know that if thats the boat for me I will have to really buckle down this winter and get these debts paid off and really startpinching pennies to save up for a nice down payment. Although with that said I will be doing alot of homework this off season to learn about these boats.
rlj676: I not sure about you, But I havent seen very many Panteras on our lake. I know of only 4. I could be wrong but they don't make their way up this way. Again I maybe wrong.
Kind of another reason i'd like to have one. Just because they aren't many here.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Registered

I've said this before, but what the heck... I like to hear myself type...

I saw my first Pantera when I was 16 and didn't see another in person until I bought my 24. I will likely always own a Pantera, no matter what other boats I end up with.

The people who build the boats and the people who own the boats (yes, all you yahoos in this forum!) would make it worth it if they were built like a Bayliner, funny thing though, they're not... They're built like a battleship!

Example, go to the Eliminator section and read about the people who've posted that they have significant stress cracks in boats with under 100 (or under 50!) hours. Now do a search here and see how many people are talking about stress cracks!

And if money is an issue, buy an older 28. Mine is 11 years old and it looks better than a lot of year or two year old boats I see around.

Quick Reply: Pantera and looking

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.