Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
28 Sit Down with 300XS >

28 Sit Down with 300XS

Notices

28 Sit Down with 300XS

Old 01-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

How does it run. Speed (Cruise/WOT). Should be pretty easy on fuel????
Old 01-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best to ask Jo ...

Hopefully Jo will give his opinion on the sea trial and what he expects the boat to do. It was very strong tho'.

The engines are still in break in mode and so top speed will have to be dialed in with engine height and props once the break in period is up.

Speed and decent fuel economy ... couldn't ask for much more!
Old 01-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Registered

looks great and must run awesome.....I drove this boat with the evenrudes and ran in the low 60's on Gps so I bet when jo dials it in it will run hard......By the way any luck?
Old 01-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Registered

Lots of nibbles but no bites which is understandable in this market. Plus it is a somewhat unique configuration for a 28 Pantera so it probably does not have mass appeal. Although, anyone who rides in it would probably immediately fall in love.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do panteras run better with the bracket or with the outboarde mounted to the transom?
Old 01-09-2008, 04:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by northernoffshore
Do panteras run better with the bracket or with the outboarde mounted to the transom?
I can say I have run the w/tripples on the transom (black sunday) and w twins on a bracket, I would take it both ways.....This particular boat runs extremely well in flat or run and to be honest when my friend purchased the boat and we were able to run it I was the first to drive and let me tell you I was VERY IMPRESSED I would of never thought It performed the way it did.......
Old 01-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Registered

I currently own a 28 with twins on the transom … all old school. I can tell you it is the best balanced boat I have ever been in. Pops onto plane, flies level and lands straight. I live in the Caribbean and run in the open seas alongside a lot of other big name hulls with big power and I can run with the best of them. Much to the surprise of the owners.

Twins on a bracket is new for me as is sit down so I really could not comment from a simple sea trial. Dustin (former owner) would probably argue that this boat is the better or best balanced boat so it seems as though Lowblue is right when he says "I would take it both ways".

If I end up with them side by side, I will let you know what I think.

That said, I would say that the 300XS motors are very impressive. So, Lowblue, if you thought that the boat was impressive before you will probably be blown away with it now.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:32 PM
Registered

getting close to the end of January any luck yet ???????
Old 01-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Registered

Default Lots of nibbles

I guess "luck" is a matter of perspective. Some would say that I am lucky not to sell and keep and enjoy. Hard to argue that!

Lots are interested but no serious offers yet. I have a booking to ship on the last friday in January. We will se what happens.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by truetrini
I guess "luck" is a matter of perspective. Some would say that I am lucky not to sell and keep and enjoy. Hard to argue that!

Lots are interested but no serious offers yet. I have a booking to ship on the last friday in January. We will se what happens.
anyway you look at it you are in a win win situation......you have a great boat and had the best doing your work (The Factory) so you cant go wrong with what you decide...............

Quick Reply: 28 Sit Down with 300XS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.