24 Pantera vs 24 Python

Notices

24 Pantera vs 24 Python

Old 09-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

bh..
that's what it was like with my condor....looked like any other 24/7+or-...no stress cracks, real stable, quick as a 330/alpha would run...but people always went..HUH?...is that a donzi?..have fun, run to your limits, help a "bro" out, shun the smarta$$es...they must have other agendas....
c
Old 09-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

To funny! Kinda like saying Trick Marine "sucks" about four years ago. People jump all over ya for telling it like it is. Enjoy the Python. Where are you located? Honestly, I'd never heard of Python and would love to see one in person.
Attached Thumbnails 24 Pantera vs 24 Python-incoming_popcorn.jpg  
Old 09-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 284 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
All 24/7 boats do not come from the same mold. They are not all built the same. I don't know how many times I need to say this.

The Python is a nice boat, but it does not have the build quality a Pantera has, period. I am not trying to be rude or knocking your boat. Baja makes a good boat too, but it's not the same quality as a Cigarette. Let's try going in the Cigarette forum and stating "My Baja can do everything a Cigarette can do" and see how that goes over? Or better yet try the Apache forum!

Yes, people did get some feathers ruffled and I knew this thread was a disaster waiting to happen. LOL I was trying to be polite in my threads but I see that didn't do any good.
Funny you should mention the cigarette's and apache's. Since I own an apache I can compare. My apache has stress cracks.....the python didn't, but I'm sure its taken a lot more abuse. One other thing I noticed in my most recent rough water adventures was that the bow rail tends to come loose on certain areas of the apache. I can clearly tell that the hull and deck were flexing a little more than the python, probobly due to the fact that I was in water that the python couldn't handle and the apache was taking on a lot more force. Also its a bigger, wider boat. Like a big knife compared to a small one, it will flex more. I've heard of the same thing happening to cigarettes when runnning in big water, so I'm not really worried about it. I constantly go around tightening the rub rail on the apache. On the python I only found one screw in the entire rubrail that needed to be tightened. The build quality of the apache is night and day difference than the python but make no mistake about it - python boats made a very solid boat.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bromaguire
Or maybe I sit in a coner office already and drive a Denali and a modded BMW M3. I've work my @ss off to earn what I have made so far and I work in a field where I hold a higher ranking postion then men older than my own father. Just because I am 21 doesn't mean that I am dumb or should be treated any differently.
Wait, your 21, own two nice cars, and a boat? Do you still live at home?

Impressive hardware list, but listing what you own and having a corner office is just going to turn this into a pissing match, one that you are probably going to lose. Remember, some people on this site dont even blink when buying $200,000+ boats. Sometimes its better to enjoy your net worth as opposed to talking about it.

Can the Python to what a Pantera can do? Why not just prove it on the water? Seems like the logical thing to do. I have no idea either way, but I will say the customer service alone from Pantera is enough to make me a believer in the product. Oh yea, and that lifetime hull warranty.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Life time warranty says alot. Also I believe that Powerboat tested the 24 Python awhile back and the review was not very good if I remember right.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
Wait, your 21, own two nice cars, and a boat? Do you still live at home?

Impressive hardware list, but listing what you own and having a corner office is just going to turn this into a pissing match, one that you are probably going to lose. Remember, some people on this site dont even blink when buying $200,000+ boats. Sometimes its better to enjoy your net worth as opposed to talking about it.

Can the Python to what a Pantera can do? Why not just prove it on the water? Seems like the logical thing to do. I have no idea either way, but I will say the customer service alone from Pantera is enough to make me a believer in the product. Oh yea, and that lifetime hull warranty.
First I am not trying to get in a pissing match but when someone infers that I drive a modded honda and work in the mailroom I am going to speak up. I own my own house and I've worked hard in order to do so . Also just because I didn't go buy the most expensive boat I could doesn't mean I couldn't afford one. I bought a less expensive bought because as I have said its my first boat and I don't have that much experience yet. If I hit a new 200,000 boat into the dock I would be pissed, if I I bump mine into the dock I just laugh it off as a learning experience. Honestly I haven't started talking about my net worth worth but its not too bad for 21 year old. Im not going to get into that stuff but for 21 I don't think I could personally be doing better for myself.

Is the lifetime warranty on the hulls for the original owner only or does it carry with the boat for its lifetime?
Old 09-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Registered
Gold Member

I considerred a python while look for boats. i was looking for Panteras and pythons only. I looked at several pythons in the area. I tested one. Very nice boat. Build was nice, etc. Only problem was, it was soft in the transom. Told the guy, and he poo pooed it. I looked at the boat twice, and passed. It had an HP 500 with low hours. Very nice boat. In my research I found that python was no longer in business. Owner has passed away, and was actually very well respected in the performance boating world. Not like Pepe and Joe, or others, but respected none-the-less. The one thing I found, is that build quality varried from boat to boat. One might be solid as a rock and perfect, and one might have had corners cut. I think it cam down to a struggling boat builder. i heard other rumors, but will not bring those up.

All-in all, it is very similar, but not the same. I think there have been good analogies put forth. I ended up buying a pantera from Michigan. I did not see the boat until it was delivered. i would never had done that with a python. I believe the pythin is lighter. That is a build quality issue.

Fact is, both a very good boats. I would prob take a 24 python over a baja any day. However, the pantera is a badazz boat, period. Python is a nice boat. TO an uneducated individual, both will turn heads.

Enjoy your boat. Be safe, and if you run in to a dock, then you have saved yourself from hurting your next baby. Start looking for a pantera to upgrade to. you are in the same family, but just not an elder yet. I think you would def see a difference goning from a python to a pantera. I think the main issues are build quality.

Have fun, and hope you upgrade to a pantera some day. Great boat and backed by a great family.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 410 Likes on 183 Posts

Only to the original owner.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bromaguire
Why don't you back off bud. It was one of your fellow members that took a stab at me. My first comment in the other thread only said that I like my new boat and that he should get a Pantera. Then one of your members felt it necessary to tell me my boat wasn't as good as a pantera. But if its not as good as a pantera and I like mine then the guy who was looking for a pantera would probably be even happier with one.

I don't think my age has any thing to do with others respecting me. I didn't come in here looking to start problems, I came to learn a few things about some fast boats.

Ok I will back off.

You dont get what I am saying and keep taking offense to things you shouldnt be upset about.

PS--Hey Airpacker , who you callin' Nancy??? Cant you be nice to a guy whose dad wants to kill him for blowing up his Z06?
He is even writing death threats on the toilet paper with little drawings of me burning in fires, hanging, etc.....I am getting pretty scared--might have to try and get him first.....

Last edited by ar15meister; 09-08-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Registered

I don't know anything about Python, however when shopping for my first boat about 8 years ago ( Accomplished 22 year old at the time ) based on the advise from people much better educated then I was about boating at that time, I kept getting pointed to the 24 Pantera. Obviously growing up in Miami where offshore is a part of the culture and heritage there was no shortage on great advise. The 24 Pantera made me a believer and I later moved up to a 28 Pantera as a result. Pantera as a company welcomed me as a Pantera owner even though I purchased the boats used. Their customer service towards me was always exceptional. I don't know the performance comparison on what the Pantera can do that the Python can't but I can tell you what won't happen, You will never have to justify what you have like you are doing now, and when you need to sell it you will have the value and a following of respect of the product with out people asking what the hell kind of boat it is or what is it a copy of or compared to. The 24 Pantera has a heritage that includes world records and still races today. They built their name based on how they built their product. When I sold my 28 it took less than 3 weeks and although I priced it aggressive I still made $$$ on it. Maybe one day when all of the real proud Python owners come forward and they create a Python forum you can fire back. In the mean time, know enough to know that you don't know. Your off to great start, most people get a 20"cc to bang up, like myself you are running before you can crawl so enjoy what you have and your experience will teach you where to go. Although your claimed speeds seem questionable I would recommend that you focus on learning how to trim and throttle at those speeds and hope you don't de-laminate at over 75mph on your 1st boat that your are learning on, its more important to handle what you have then to argue if its better. Best Wishes , PS: Please post a pic of your boat so we can all keep our families safe while your learning. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 24 Pantera vs 24 Python

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.