Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
24 Pantera vs 24 Python >

24 Pantera vs 24 Python

Notices

24 Pantera vs 24 Python

Old 09-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=Bromaguire;2678271] I bought a less expensive bought because as I have said its my first boat and I don't have that much experience yet. If I hit a new 200,000 boat into the dock I would be pissed, if I I bump mine into the dock I just laugh it off as a learning experience.QUOTE]

if its a learning boat then why do you care about the difference between them both, my opinion is take it for what it is, a learning boat and bang it in to docks,sandbars, etc. Just not boaters and by the way I also started with my own boat at 18 in high school but I made a better choice I bought a Pantera........

by the way your comparison of the looks and there capabilities doesnt always work, for example: a Rolex and Invicta watches, both look the same both are great and serve the same purpose. Now this is were it gets interesting, the Rolex is better made and will cost alot more (more people rather have the Rolex thus the resale value) but at the time of selling, you know what you have and dont have to tell everyone of how great it and how it looks like a Rolex.

Keep in mind imitation if the best form of flattering.......

Last edited by lowblue320; 09-08-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Had both boat down to their bare hulls. The pantera's build is way better and straight. The python/vector was chopper gun and cheaper gel coat etc. and the boat was not straight and had different sized, uneven stakes on it. I sold it right after i finished it.
Attached Thumbnails 24 Pantera vs 24 Python-python.jpg   24 Pantera vs 24 Python-pantera.jpg  
Old 09-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bromaguire
First I am not trying to get in a pissing match but when someone infers that I drive a modded honda and work in the mailroom I am going to speak up. I own my own house and I've worked hard in order to do so . Also just because I didn't go buy the most expensive boat I could doesn't mean I couldn't afford one. I bought a less expensive bought because as I have said its my first boat and I don't have that much experience yet. If I hit a new 200,000 boat into the dock I would be pissed, if I I bump mine into the dock I just laugh it off as a learning experience. Honestly I haven't started talking about my net worth worth but its not too bad for 21 year old. Im not going to get into that stuff but for 21 I don't think I could personally be doing better for myself.

Is the lifetime warranty on the hulls for the original owner only or does it carry with the boat for its lifetime?

Your missing my point. For everything you list, there is someone on this site that has 10x that. Its called life. There will always be someone with more, with a hotter girl, bigger house, nice boat, etc. Sometimes keeping your mouth shut prevents a pointless arguement. As soon as you "defended" yourself regarding the Honda, you opened yourself up to another attack. Who cares if he thinks you drive a Honda? You know you dont, isnt that enough?

You will soon learn what people think about you and your material items means nothing in the grand scheme of things. From defending your job, boat, owning a house, etc, you seem to have an awfully large chip on your shoulder....

And if you bought your boat as a learning tool, then why are you so interested in claiming similarities to a clearly superior boat? You might have more money, cars, etc than the typical 21 year old, but your posts clearly show your attititude is on par with most younger folks that age...

Out of curiousity, what line of work are you in?

Last edited by Tristar Racing; 09-08-2008 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=lowblue320;2678481]
Originally Posted by Bromaguire
I bought a less expensive bought because as I have said its my first boat and I don't have that much experience yet. If I hit a new 200,000 boat into the dock I would be pissed, if I I bump mine into the dock I just laugh it off as a learning experience.QUOTE]

if its a learning boat then why do you care about the difference between them both, my opinion is take it for what it is, a learning boat and bang it in to docks,sandbars, etc. Just not boaters and by the way I also started with my own boat at 18 in high school but I made a better choice I bought a Pantera........

by the way your comparison of the looks and there capabilities doesnt always work, for example: a Rolex and Invicta watches, both look the same both are great and serve the same purpose. Now this is were it gets interesting, the Rolex is better made and will cost alot more but at the time of selling you know what you have and dont have to describe to everyone that its great and looks like a Rolex.

Keep in mind imitation if the best form of flattering.......
LMAO, Hey Andy, great comparison, also congrats on the new speeds, let me know when you try the herrings, listen as a friend I must warn you there is a guy out there in a 24 Python with training wheels on it going over 70, Beware of the Python!!!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Registered

Heres a little difference from NADA 2003 last year of Python

2003 PANTERA PANTERA 24

September 08, 2008
Boats and Personal Watercraft
Length: 24'
Model Name/Description: PANTERA 24
Boat Type: Stern Drive Power Boat
Hull Material: Fiberglass

Beam: 7'
Engine: 1
425 HP
Gasoline
Net Weight: 4000
PRICING
Low Retail Average Retail
Base Price
$44,230 $50,550
TOTAL PRICE $44,230 $50,550

2003 PYTHON BOATS INC SPORT CUDDY
September 08, 2008
Boats and Personal Watercraft
Length: 24'
Model Name/Description: SPORT CUDDY
Boat Type: Stern Drive Power Boat
Hull Material: Fiberglass

Beam: 7'
Engine: 1
385 HP
Gasoline
Net Weight: 3400

Low Retail Average Retail
Base Price
$24,360 $27,810
TOTAL PRICE $24,360 $27,810
Old 09-09-2008, 03:59 AM
Registered

Does the Python have the small padded keel like the 24 Pantera has?
Old 09-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Elite Marine
The older Panteras had a pad. My '99 did not.
My prev '79 had a pad, also the '95 what I have now got the pad.

Mange
Attached Thumbnails 24 Pantera vs 24 Python-24-pantera.jpg  
Old 09-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Elite Marine
The older Panteras had a pad. My '99 did not.
Are you sure about that?
Attached Thumbnails 24 Pantera vs 24 Python-pantera-pad.jpg  
Old 09-09-2008, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

As far as I know the Pantera 24 still has the small pad.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pythons for the most part had pads and some larger than others. After owning a 24 for 8 years and selling it for exactly what I paid for it and used it to the limits I can say this. Resale is good because new it cost less almost half in 2003. No the quality was not the same but why over build a boat and charge double one could afford to break it several times for an extra 40k. Mine was an 89 and I put a transom and stringers in it after 3 years owning and sinking twice.( had 13 people on it the first time and left in water with bad bellow the second) The boat ran and ran hard. With a 415hp 502 and a 25p mirage 3 blade it would GPS at 77 and always 75. The boat was my first and has jumped every cruiser wake on lanier and not just crossed I mean ran like a seadoo. I cracked the hull at the chine on the port after hitting a log after a storm and a "friend" did not repair it right but once I fixed it myself it was fine. So in conclusion it is not a Pantera but a Pantera is like a Apache because of heritage and fetch a higher value because of this. I own a set of 41 Apache molds but I know if I build one user newer materials and better lamination there will always be somebody that says "well it sure is not an Apache" It is all preference so don't knock the Python and I won't bash a Pantera.
It's a boat and to each his own.
Let's also have a little respect for Jim Clark that built the pythons and passed a few years ago he was a friend and a legend on Lake Lanier.

Beau Renfroe

Quick Reply: 24 Pantera vs 24 Python

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.